The Honeymoon Is Over-Now The Divorce
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, The Honeymoon Is Over-Now The Divorce in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello All: My cat has stopped scratching and has bitten me. The bites are painful, and I don't have enough ...
    libbysman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 catera/03 CTS

The Honeymoon Is Over-Now The Divorce

Hello All: My cat has stopped scratching and has bitten me. The bites are painful, and I don't have enough bandages to cover all the wounds. It's time for a transplant, and an amputation. Yes, I'm giving up on my 97. I'm still going to be here though, but with queeries about CTS's. Garages are becoming more and more disinterested on working on these cars, and the talent pool has dried up. Today I'm taking delivery of a 2003 CTS with 90K on it.
    The disc changer is a 6 slot unit, and I'm wondering if I can swap it for the 12 disc unit in my Catera. As for the cat, I'll transplant my new rims and tires to the CTS, and what ever else I can. After that she goes on Craig's List as a parts car. Any ideas on the disc changer? Cheers, Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Re: The Honeymoon Is Over-Now The Divorce

I don't believe the rims will fit... Do a search for the part number off the changer. N*Caddy I think posted an interchange.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Best of luck. After my Craptera debacle, I'll never buy another off brand GM again.

elvin315 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Sorry the love is gone. Come back and tell us about the CTS.

libbysman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 catera/03 CTS

Hello All: Rodnok01 is correct about the rims as the differnce is the size of the hub diameter. That's a bummer cause I just bought the new rims and rubber. The CTS is a refreshing change, but a few bugs to correct. After driving for about 20 miles it sometimes won't restart, and a shimmy thats accompanied by a worn bushing noise in the front end. I'm hoping the warranty will take care of that. It took me a few days to figure out the audio system and how it has system functions integrated into it. It's a dream to drive though. The cat had a lot of little things that the CTS doesn't have, like it was classier looking and trimmed a lot better. I guess it will grow on me with time. Cheers, Brian

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.