Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My in laws catera got stolen!!!

5K views 46 replies 11 participants last post by  retho78 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, this incident happened at our church parking lot around 6:45PM today. My father in law was getting out of the car and some guy shows up from no where (fully drunk) threatens my father in law, grabs his arm and snatches the key from him. My father in law came running inside the church saying "someone is stealing his car" and I was inside the church when this all happened, so I stepped out of the building and saw the guy backing out taking off with the Catera. I ran inside the building grabbed my keys and tried to follow him and he was no where to be found. Also, there are so many smalls streets and main roads so no way of knowing which way he went. :(

Called the police and they came by took the reports...etc.

Also, this is the car I have worked on several times and it was running good so far. I want to say thank you for all your help and lets hope someone finds it soon and in one piece!!!

#2 ·
Ooohh, you're setting yourself up here...

#8 ·
That really sucks! But be glad he was drunk and not some desperate guy with a gun, if he's alright you have come out on top.
I have had a car stolen before and got it back and I felt violated ever time I drove it thereafter.:suspect:
hope you find it. It's more than likely sitting on an abandon road, jumped in went somewhere close to his home and dumped it..:hide:

#12 ·
It probably isn't far from where it was stolen.

#19 ·
He loaned it out?

#20 ·
He threaten saying "I'm going to kill you" and grabbed his arm for the keys and my father in law gave the keys instead of taking a chance of getting hurt.

----------

We don't know if the keys are still there or not. The only information is that the car is not damage and drivable. Again we will have more information next week.

#21 ·
Carjacked? Why didn't you say so.

#24 ·
Update - The aftermarket radio is missing and inside of the car is fully trashed up. The exterior condition is hard to tell now because it is covered with mud / dirt. Insurance company recommended to take it to a body shop to get an estimate to fix everything up.

#27 ·
Should given the guy $20 and the Autoclub card, he might've gotten further.

#30 ·
My mother in law got her car stolen a number of years ago in a similar way. She was putting groceries in the trunk and a guy came up and pushed her down and grabbed the keys. All in daylight. I think she was too scared to scream but was okay with just some scratches. They did find the car. This was before the car remotes had those red "panic" buttons that sound the horn.

#31 ·
The only details I have is the radio is missing, inside was trashed, car key & fob missing, exterior and under carriage area we are not sure yet. The body shop has to clean up the exterior first due to all the dirt and mud on the body and to determine any body / paint damage. Also not sure how much damage to the dash area.

Also, we do not have an extra key so couldn't start the vehicle to check engine and driving condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.