1999 Catera - transmission fluid and other questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 1999 Catera - transmission fluid and other questions in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; [😎99 Sport Catera::Cra889 Yes I have a controversial Caddy, but she works well... Knowledge sometimes is hard to come by... ...
    cra889 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera

1999 Catera - transmission fluid and other questions

[😎99 Sport Catera::Cra889
    Yes I have a controversial Caddy, but she works well... Knowledge sometimes is hard to come by... For some its common sense for some. So I ask the question
    For a 99 Catera Sport what the Name of the transmission fluid??? What Grade, or Blend...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Sport Catera 1999 / Still Drivin

Let's move this from the (read the forum title text) non specific Lounge up to the Catera forum.

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

First of all welcome. Here the Catera isn't controversial. You might hear complaints but most of us love our Cats. Info is hard to find here as there's no real specific archive but the search feature works if you use the right keywords. There are other Catera forums as well as Omega forums (Catera's twin sister) with plenty of info. I have a few write-ups on the Forumotion site you might find helpful. As for the transmission fluid, the manual calls for Dextron III but it's discontinued so buy Dextron IV. It's compatibles and supposedly better than III.

http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CateraOwners/info
    http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php
    http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co....ners-forum.29/

PS: That '99 Catera Sport is a one year only model. Rare and probably not valuable but still a sweet car. Have fun.

There's know dought the Cateras history's been problematic, the Sport Button still gives me a thrill!!! The Bose system when it's engages still thumps, thank you for the knowledge of dextrin 4, other than the discontinued 3... More so I'm still wiping dwn a 95 Seville may have to let her go soon but she looks good... Thanks for your input and glad to be part of the VILLAGERS😎😎😎 WAVIN!

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    They're up to DEXRON VI now. Superior to and fully compatible with all previous DEXRON trams fluids.

Quote Originally Posted by elvin315
    First of all welcome. Here the Catera isn't controversial. You might hear complaints but most of us love our Cats. Info is hard to find here as there's no real specific archive but the search feature works if you use the right keywords. There are other Catera forums as well as Omega forums (Catera's twin sister) with plenty of info. I have a few write-ups on the Forumotion site you might find helpful. As for the transmission fluid, the manual calls for Dextron III but it's discontinued so buy Dextron IV. It's compatibles and supposedly better than III. http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/ https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CateraOwners/info http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co....ners-forum.29/ PS: That '99 Catera Sport is a one year only model. Rare and probably not valuable but still a sweet car. Have fun.

Cra889 Sport Catera99

Just in investigating, I've found that TC/ ABS Lights show forth after you change your break pads... Recommends changing your ABS SENSOR, however I think its universal ( L via R)??? Please correct me if I'm wrong...

If the Check Engine Light is on scan for a U2108 code. That indicates a failed Electronic Brake/Traction Control Module (EBTCM). Changing the brake pads has nothing to do with that code. Though I've never seen it there is a light that indicates worn brake pads. It's generated by a sensor on the caliper. It wears down along with the pads and causes the light. It isn't reusable after that and must be replaced. Most of us short the wires together to disable it.

The CEL only illuminates for emissions related P codes.

Cra889SportCatera

Yes Sir: wasn't to familiar about the shortening of the component... Is the ABS SENSOR Universal you no (R an L- front back) one size fits all... Now that item I'm about to purchase from an on line shop... Just to complete work done standard OEM part... Tryin to be careful about nip tucks... Sounds pretty saaviy!!!???

----------

Cra889 SportCatera

Nope don't have a check engine light... Hope not too soon... Hate those real pain soon to have a pic or two... Thanks again... Still Drivin

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    The CEL only illuminates for emissions related P codes.
    I stand corrected but scanning for a U2108 is still a good idea.

Cra889 CateraSport99
    MCabbage

Will do that scan!!!,,, and be forthwith... Again thanks for the heads up... Now bout those Bose system when they do play??? Quick diagnose WAVIN at Cha...

What was your question about Bose?

Cra889SportCatera99

It would seems my system would come on first thing in the morning, first start then 3min into the drive she'll shut down... At some point would come back on while driving then shut down... Maybe road dust, PC dust bunnys??? General maintenance???

The head unit will shut off or you just lose sound?

Cra889SportCatera

Unit just shuts down... Weather has no bearing on the B system... It just come on tease me then shuts dwn... Maybe ground??? Won't know till I get supine and under the dash... Bonified question, how do I relieve the frame to view the component???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.