Throttle? p1526
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Throttle? p1526 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Original thread was open back it 2009 here on forum but unfortunately never was solved. Curently experience hasitation and rpm ...
    JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Original thread was open back it 2009 here on forum but unfortunately never was solved. Curently experience hasitation and rpm jumps when i fully stop. Check engine light on "p1526".
    I tried to reset code and it come back on after next start. Battery was disconnected for 20 min and key was turn on "on" position for over 3min after battery was connected back to relearn throttle body position , but didnt help.
    See my video that I posted on my youtube channel.
    Thank you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAsp...e_gdata_player

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Just came back from junk yard with 2 throtle body.
    1 from 2000 catera with 161k
    1 from 2003 cts with 96k
    Never know thay cts have same 3.0L engine like on catera.
    Also from came 2000 catera I remover K&N filter let see how its gonna work.

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera
    The 2003 CTS came with a 3.2L which is different but looks very similar, might not work for the Catera just keep in mind John. Are they the same part number?

Yes, same part number. My friend ex mechanic told my that I have to clear ECM and by disconnecting battery for 20 min or with wires off the battery, jumping them togather - Not gonna work.
    I have to jump wires togather for about hour. He saying that ECM have internal battery to keep data, by jumping wires for an hour or more it will discharge battery completely, that should do factory reset. Not sure its related to Catera computer....

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Throttle? p1526

I have swapped the throttle body on my in-laws 2000 catera with a used one and it worked for a year. Then I swapped it out with a new one (Bosch) from Amazon and so far it's working good. All I did was put the new throttle body in turn the key to ON position for about 3 minutes, you can hear the throttle clicking and relearning. Then turn off the battery and wait about 10 seconds then try to start the car. The car should run normally if not try the procedure again and make sure the throttle body wires are pushed in right. The wire is very picky sometimes if not plugged in correctly.

Also, check the breather lines on top of the intake that runs to the throttle body, if it's clogged that can also cause the RPM to jump around.

Also, 2003 CTS throttle body is compatible with 1999 to 2001 Cateras.

Thank you very mush for info, my original throttle body would not relearn, after 3 min and no noise coming from it.

Then probably it is bad, is the one from junk yard clicking or doing anything?

Just replaced with used throttle body! Nothing.... still showing p1526, idle jump even worse now,TC light shows in and out, and stops when idle over 1000rpm also idel not jumping, vehicle drives fine, as soon as idle go lower 1000rpm its jumps and TC flashing again... please help !!!!!!!!

yikes...not sure. did you try the steps of relearning the throttle body? So no clicking with the battery in ON position. Do not start the car before doing the relearn procedure otherwise RPM will be HIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by retho78 View Post
    yikes...not sure. did you try the steps of relearning the throttle body? So no clicking with the battery in ON position. Do not start the car before doing the relearn procedure otherwise RPM will be HIGH.
    I did relearning step and nothing. No noise at all. I remember my original throtle body was makind very high pinch noise that was coming from side where position sensor at. Kind off electric voltage noise, while vehicle is on, or running. Now there is no noise at all, im thinking to take it to the dealer.

then you may have some kind off eletrical issue. It should make a noise when the battery is ON. Have you checked the fuse or related parts to throttle body / harness?

Quote Originally Posted by retho78 View Post
    then you may have some kind off eletrical issue. It should make a noise when the battery is ON. Have you checked the fuse or related parts to throttle body / harness?
    I had this noise since 2010 when I bought vehicle.
    can u tell me what fuse for throtle body. I checked them all and all was good.

Update:
    Now my car switching in to limp mode.....right on the midle of the road and I cant accelerate, so I had to pull over and restart car so I can continue driving, yesterday it hapend twice on my way to work..... whats next.? More codes showing after limp mode kicked on, togather with p1526, p1510 and p1516 comes out !

My guess is your used throttle body is causing all this problem. I had similar issues with my in-laws catera, when the wire was not connecting properly it would throw all kinds of codes. Again, this is my guess and I could be wrong. The only way is to diagnose the exact problem or get a new throttle body and do the relearn procedure.

Also, I googled the codes you posted above and it's all related to throttle body, so my guess could be right and that you have a bad throttle.

If you want to buy a new throttle body, check Amazon.com and that's where I got it from.....ACDELCO 9128412

Just replaced second throttle body from junk yard, same codes.......
    No way that can be throttle, 1 to100000 chance that 2 throttle body from junk yard bad too...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.