UP and running but still have a little lost in power. HELP!!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, UP and running but still have a little lost in power. HELP!!!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; A few of you guys may remember helping or not a few months ago with helping me try and find ...
    Cadillac Catera98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Catera

UP and running but still have a little lost in power. HELP!!!!!

A few of you guys may remember helping or not a few months ago with helping me try and find out why my 99 Catera wouldn't start. A month or two ago I stated that it was the computer system that was acting up and having the car not start, I went and stop listening to my normal mechanic and went head and took her to a shop to have someone really tell me what was going on. Now the real reason she wasn't starting was,

1.The crank position sensor was not sending enough signal to the ECM to give off spark to the plugs. CPS that was on the car was a duralast part and I remember someone saying take the carp off and replace it with a AcDelco CPS which is on the car now.

2.With the CPS not sending signal to the ECM which end up flooding the spark plugs with gas and burn't them out, so I had the guy also do a tune up and had them replaced with new plugs I can't remember the brand.

now the car is running and doing pretty good so far, I did an Oil change with Mobile1 Synthetic Oil and plus an Transmission Flush using dexron VI and driving the car for two days and no leaks. Her coolant light is still on which is going to be taking care of in time. It still feel like she has a lost in power because when I hit 30mph it seems like she hesitate to get passed 30. Her check engine light is on along with her airbag light and the guy also stated an O2 sensor needs to be replaced to and my dad want me to fuel system clean as well but other then that she is running pretty good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Replace your o2 sensors, just do both that before catalyst, u can find on rockauto oem BOSCH Part # 16065 for $75 each . Before this, clean your system with clean fluid call Sea-foam. Look up on YouTube what sea foam is.
    I usually put half in brake booster vacuum hose slowly while vehicle is running, then I shut off car for 10 min after that just ran it for a few min. at around 2000rpm. The other half of the bottle u put in gas tank on full tank of gas. It will clean all fuel lines and injectors.
    U said that u did tune up, make sure u replaced with oem copper spark plug - ACDELCO Part # 9195166. At rockauto.com for $5 rach.
    How about ignition wires?
    What your fuel pressure?
    When your fuel filter was replaced?
    What condition of engine air filter?
    Have u ever clean your Mass air sensor?
    Do u use regular or premium gas?
    What condition of your catalyst converters?
    All this factor will efect your performance!

Cadillac Catera98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Catera

Re: UP and running but still have a little lost in power. HELP!!!!!

[QUOTE=JohnJJO;11927385] I know what Sea=Foam is that's all I used in my 01 STS. cleaning the system when placing the cleaner in the gas tank other then that I have no clue how to do. he didn't use AcDelco plugs he used something else.

The ignition wires seem to be ok, but can you tell me how to check those wires because I don't want to go and mess up something..
    The fuel pressure is fine my dad check the pressure the other day.
    the fuel filter was replaced when the fuel pump was replace a few months ago.
    The engine air filter is ok its kinda dirty but didn't need to be replaced but I do have a new one on hand I will upload a picture to show.
    have never cleaned the MAF sensor I have no clue how to clean that!!!!!
    The gas that is in the car is the same gas that was in the tank when I bought the car, but after the fuel system clean I will be using premium gas from Chevron and Mobile and Shell.
    Please inform on what a Catalyst converters is!!! Or is that the mufflers??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.