timing belt tool
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, timing belt tool in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello I would like to buy or rent a timing belt tool that someone is not using any more. I ...
    ka24det92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

timing belt tool

Hello I would like to buy or rent a timing belt tool that someone is not using any more. I know it can be done with out the tool but I will be changing cam and crank seal also so I would rather have the tool. I live in houston tx if some one would be willing to rent me there's for a day or so or I can just buy out right for some one out of state let me know thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Thats ashame how much tool cost......
    I replaced my timing 3 years ago with out any special tools like that, I locked cams in place by using thick bolt that I stick between them. To removing bolts on 3 pulleys was easy, when I had to tight them back and alignment 2 of them I had to replace center bolt with hex type because I had to hold 30-32mm bolt in place that on pulley at the same time....
    I just went to my local hardware place, not like Lowes or Home Depot, they dont sell sizes like that.
    Guy at the hardware store match me 3 bolts that perfectly same but with hex, not sockets type like oem. At Sears I picked up big soket that can fit on outer bolt that on pulley it self. To tight pulley back I used big soket that I was holding with lock pliers and my hex tool went trough big socket to tight internal hex bolt that I replaced.
    All camshaft and cranshaft was realignment by manually using marks on cam covers, crankshaft pulley I alignment with mark on the bottom. I didn't use special crankshaft alignment tool, just used marks. 3 years later - works just fine!!!
    I repacked 3 pulleys, 1 pulley I replaced because I broke seal on it, orignal tensioner was repacked.
    I definitely recommend to get Dynco kit that include all pulleys and tentioner. Also replace your seals on crankshaft and cams.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: timing belt tool

Won't some of the national parts store let you borrow one. Try harbor freight. I buy one use tools there all the time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

ka24det92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

I checked some of the tool places a d none of them have it only choice I have is to buy one . I know I can be done without the tool but I am one of those people that wants to do it the right way if there is a tool

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

You can rent it from these guys:

http://www.ledfix.com/timingbelttoolrental.html

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have one that I can rent it out to you for $65 plus $15 shipping. This is for 7 days and you ship it back to me.

Thanks.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.