timing belt tool
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, timing belt tool in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello I would like to buy or rent a timing belt tool that someone is not using any more. I ...
    ka24det92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

timing belt tool

Hello I would like to buy or rent a timing belt tool that someone is not using any more. I know it can be done with out the tool but I will be changing cam and crank seal also so I would rather have the tool. I live in houston tx if some one would be willing to rent me there's for a day or so or I can just buy out right for some one out of state let me know thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Thats ashame how much tool cost......
    I replaced my timing 3 years ago with out any special tools like that, I locked cams in place by using thick bolt that I stick between them. To removing bolts on 3 pulleys was easy, when I had to tight them back and alignment 2 of them I had to replace center bolt with hex type because I had to hold 30-32mm bolt in place that on pulley at the same time....
    I just went to my local hardware place, not like Lowes or Home Depot, they dont sell sizes like that.
    Guy at the hardware store match me 3 bolts that perfectly same but with hex, not sockets type like oem. At Sears I picked up big soket that can fit on outer bolt that on pulley it self. To tight pulley back I used big soket that I was holding with lock pliers and my hex tool went trough big socket to tight internal hex bolt that I replaced.
    All camshaft and cranshaft was realignment by manually using marks on cam covers, crankshaft pulley I alignment with mark on the bottom. I didn't use special crankshaft alignment tool, just used marks. 3 years later - works just fine!!!
    I repacked 3 pulleys, 1 pulley I replaced because I broke seal on it, orignal tensioner was repacked.
    I definitely recommend to get Dynco kit that include all pulleys and tentioner. Also replace your seals on crankshaft and cams.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: timing belt tool

Won't some of the national parts store let you borrow one. Try harbor freight. I buy one use tools there all the time.

ka24det92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

I checked some of the tool places a d none of them have it only choice I have is to buy one . I know I can be done without the tool but I am one of those people that wants to do it the right way if there is a tool

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

You can rent it from these guys:

http://www.ledfix.com/timingbelttoolrental.html

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have one that I can rent it out to you for $65 plus $15 shipping. This is for 7 days and you ship it back to me.

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.