Radio Quit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Radio Quit in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Today my radio quit working while I was driving. When I parked the car, the radio works when I shut ...
    overplayed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera

Radio Quit

Today my radio quit working while I was driving. When I parked the car, the radio works when I shut the ignition off an turns off when I open the door like it is supposed to but does not work at all any other time. The clock kept the correct time and the only other thing that is not working to my knowledge is the door locks do not lock when I put the car in gear and do not unlock when I put it in park. The door locks do work manually with the switch. I looked at fuses #6, #8, and #26 and they seemed fine. What else could this be? Anyone had this issues before?

Thanks
    Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

marko69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Sport, 1990 Porsche 944 S2 cab

Re: Radio Quit

Probably everyone's favorite little buddy.......relay K134. Do a search on radio and you'll find that this is most likely the problem.

I found that my #10 fuse was blown. I replaced it but it blew again as soon as I turned the radio on. The #10 fuse is listed for Body Control Module, Heater water auxiliary pump, fan control relays, auxiliary water pump relay. Where is the heater auxiliary pump at? I have had a weird noise coming from under the dash on the passenger side, maybe that's what I blowing my fuse.

JohnJJO is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Very possible, fuse is blue 15amp???

Where is the heater auxiliary pump at?
    It's underneath the coolant resevoir.

Search here on forum, u can find alote of threads abiut pump + pictures!!!

Both water pumps looked dry. I have had the flu, so I have not had a chance to pull the relay to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by overplayed View Post
    Both water pumps looked dry. I have had the flu, so I have not had a chance to pull the relay to look at it.
    U are not gonna see any thing on relay, +u need to open it, just order one over ebay or rockauto and replace it, if its not gonna work u always can send it back.
    U can find video on YouTube of location.
    In my case my radio was out, trunk and fuel door was not opening. As soon as I replaced it, it's work just fine.

You say fuse #10 blows when you turn the radio on? None of the items off of fuse 10 have anything to do with the radio except the BCM. I would disconnect all the items off fuse 10, except the BCM, and then see if the radio still blows the fuse. If so, I would suspect the BCM, or the radio (and possibly K134 as it gets its ground thru the BCM for hot at all times). Items off fuse 10, per the schematic, are what you have listed plus the heated seat switches driver and pass.

----------

On the pumps operation, just see if it is vibrating. With the car running, feel the pump, then unplug the power cable and see if it changes. Have the heat on also, not sure if it should be running or not if the heat is off.

I believe the issue is caused by one of the aux water pumps. I unplugged the pumps and replaced the #10 10 amp fuse and everything else was fine. Today I will plug the pump nest to the wheel well back up and see if that bows the fuse. My radiator used to leak on the other pump and I suspect that will be the issue. If either pumps blow the fuse individually I would suspect the relay or pcm.

If either pumps blow the fuse individually I would suspect the relay or pcm.
    If either of the pumps blow the fuse, I would suspect the pump. A burned up motor in the pump can cause the excessive amp draw.

What I meant by if either pumps blows the fuse was if pump "A" blows the fuse while pump "B" is unplugged and in turn pump "B" blows the fuse while pump "A" is unplugged, then I would suspect the relay or pcm. Obviously if only one pump blows the fuse, it's the pump. When I went to plug in the pump on the wheel well this morning, I realized it was coated in coolant that dripped from the reservoir. I then just plugged in the pump at the radiator an didn't blow the fuse so hopefully I can clean the connection to the other pump and shield it frm the drips or stop the drips an not have to replace the pump.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.