Installing heated seats?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Installing heated seats? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 2001 didn't come with heated seats but I was thinking about doing the drivers side anyhow. Seats are inexpensive ...
    fegarex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Installing heated seats?

My 2001 didn't come with heated seats but I was thinking about doing the drivers side anyhow. Seats are inexpensive enough for these and I see the wiring is in the dash and even relays are there. Does anyone know if the wiring from the dash runs to under the seats to make this a "plug and play"?
    Thanks,
    Rex

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Installing heated seats?

I think heated seats were stock. Usually with leather they are.

fegarex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It must have been an option as mine aren't and they are leather. I did check the seat back and there was no elements in them but I can't seem to find any wires under the seat to hook them up. I did borrow a switch and there is power to it. Where it goes beyond that I don't know. Not a huge deal but my drivers seat back is worn quite a bit and figured if I got one with heaters I could plug and play.

cra889 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera
    Ok??? Following... Results??? Did it plug and Heat???

That is really odd! A luxe car with leather and no stock heated seat! Can you post a pic of your center console? I'd like to see what is in place of the seat heater switches.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    A Catera is far from a "luxury" car.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    A Catera is far from a "luxury" car.
    Other than quality and power, for the 2001 model, what was it missing that other luxo, cars had.

A luxury car is a lot more than power windows/locks, leather, and aluminum wheels...

Would you consider a high trim level V6 Accord a luxury car? It has just about the same features. Is a new Accord or Camry a luxury car? They have way more toys than a Catera.

"It's a Cadillac" doesn't make it a luxury car.

thzpcs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

All the wiring relays should be there, you just need to get the switches and the seats. Just as a recommendation, do both the driver's side and passenger side, instead of just the driver's. It makes things a bit easier, and since you have all the wiring relays already taken apart, you might as well do both of them. I was only able to find 1 set of heated seats, here. You might also want to look at an aftermarket system like this. It won't be quite as "plug and play" but you should still be able to splice in the relays to a set of OEM switches from somewhere like here. Be warned, if you're going to go this route, make sure you have at least a decent amount of wiring knowledge, don't want you burning your car down!

w98seeng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    A luxury car is a lot more than power windows/locks, leather, and aluminum wheels...

Would you consider a high trim level V6 Accord a luxury car? It has just about the same features. Is a new Accord or Camry a luxury car? They have way more toys than a Catera.

"It's a Cadillac" doesn't make it a luxury car.
    Why not answer your own question? What do you consider a luxury car?

Me, I definitely consider the Catera a luxury car, or a sport luxury car. As far as the power goes, why is 200hp not enough for you?
    Granted, the suspension is far from a sporty set-up and the brakes leave a lot to be desired, but all in all, for the money they were charging,
    it's not a bad car.

Electric rear sun shade, automatic dual zone climate control, heated front & rear seats, leather steering wheel, automatic head lights, programmable sunroof,
    programmable auto up & down windows on all 4 doors, air shocks, Bose stereo, etc.

The only thing this car does not have that most luxury cars have is a DIC.

Ian

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    And all this back from 1998!!!!
    Im very impressed with all this electronic they put in , in 1998!
    Back in 1998 it was awsome car to have, luxury!!! Now with all this electronic and futures u not gonna impress no body. But it still luxury car.

Features, gizmos, gadgets and toys do not make a luxury car.

A luxury car, as in a high end, exclusive vehicle. Something that the rich and heads of state drive/get chauffeured around in, a special car, something with prestige, a history, and a future.. Not a rebadged Opel, not even a Seville or Deville is a true luxury car. Luxury cars usually aren't used as airport transport and rental cars... Well equipped, yes. "Luxury car", no.

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by w98seeng View Post
    Granted, the suspension is far from a sporty set-up and the brakes leave a lot to be desired, but all in all, for the money they were charging, it's not a bad car.
    Suspension and brakes are easily upgraded if you have the desire and the money. To learn more follow the links below. In short there are sport dampers and polyurethane bushings available to improve the handling and GTO brake calipers with Corvette pads to shorten stopping distance.

http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/f11-suspension
    http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/f9-brakes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.