non-bose double din nav or dvd???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, non-bose double din nav or dvd??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; has anyone put a nav or dvd double din in thier catera? I want to do this but i cant ...
    coldsteel82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): carera

non-bose double din nav or dvd???

has anyone put a nav or dvd double din in thier catera? I want to do this but i cant find anyone that has put one in thiers. I have a nonbose radio. If so is it hard to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fegarex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: non-bose double din nav or dvd???

I just did mine and still working a few bugs out. Mine was a Bose but the same mounts apply. Get the smallest unit you can. Mine barely fit and was a real effort to pack in with all the wires. The Metra face was nice but was too small for the head unit. I had to cut it open but it seems to look decent. I think they make a wiring plug for non Bose radios as well. I just bought one of the Ebay Chinese DVD/GPS units and so far it seems to work/look fine for less than $180.00. The main reason I did it was for Bluetooth phone and Pandora plus music on a SD card. The Bose causes more issues but I am glad I did it.gps.jpgoff.jpgradio.jpg
    Also the faceplate comes black. I found some Rustoleum bumper and trim paint at Autozone in charcoal gray that is almost a perfect match.

wow looks pretty good I might have to do it. what size is your screen? are you talking about smallest unit in as the backside that goes into the dash?

It's a 6.2 or 6.1 screen. And yes, I was referring to the depth. I had to cut away part of the backside of the original bracket. It's plastic so it is easy but with the Bose wiring harness adapter there was little room. It did fit however.

ok i will look into that then

do you remember the depth of your radio?

Actually I don't but they all seem to be about the same size in the 6.2 form.
    This is what I got:
    DVD Player

w98seeng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by fegarex View Post
    Actually I don't but they all seem to be about the same size in the 6.2 form.
    This is what I got:
    DVD Player
    I have been thinking about getting one of these units. Does the GPS work well? What about the Bluetooth? I have a problem getting Chinese stuff like this as I feel it won't work well.

Ian

I actually like the GPS my Droid has as well as anything but the GPS does seem to work well. It came with IGO 8. You can purchase other GPS software and run it from the SD card. The Bluetooth works great!! Once programmed it connects as soon as I get in the car and not only does phone but able to use my Amazon cloud and Pandora. The microphone isn't the best quality but hearing phone calls is clear and sharp. The software to run the media player is real weak on this unit however. My concern was the Bluetooth and if I had to do it again I may have gone with an Android powered unit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.