Headlight Confusion.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Headlight Confusion. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello everyone, hope you're all enjoying the fall weather As the title states I'm having some confusion when it come ...
    CodyCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01' Cadillac Catera

Headlight Confusion.

Hello everyone, hope you're all enjoying the fall weather

As the title states I'm having some confusion when it come to my headlights.

I had some pretty yellow and scratch headlights. The other day I picked up some Turtle Wax headlight restoration kit. Let me tell you that this has brought my headlamp housing back to almost stock condition. Still a little haze on the passenger side, but not really noticeable without really looking at it. I highly recommend the kit to anyone with dull headlamp housings.

Back to my main reason for this post. I have an 01' Catera (base model) with a projector housing for the low beams. I've done research and the correct bulb is a D2S for the low beam, high beams are H7, turn signals are 3457A, fog lights are H3. I took a look at the bulb in the
    low beams projector housing a few days ago because it went out and it seems to be a small halogen bulb, possibly an H7? (not quite sure).
    Knowing that D2S bulbs are xenon bulbs (HIDs) I knew something wasn't right. So I went pricing D2S bulbs.... HOLY COW. the cheapest I found was O'rileys @ 87.56 I talked to the guys there, knowing that they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed when i comes to auto parts, strangely enough one of the younger people there said to go ahead an get an HID kit. (dumbfounded because I haven't thought
    about that.) I agreed. Went looking online for prices and for 2 bulbs, 2 ballast and all your wiring you're looking at 60-80 bucks. Then i got to thinking about the connector that plugs into the back of the headlamp. Its a 5 prong, circular clip thing ( sorry for my lack of description there). From all the videos and pictures I've watched on HID kit installations no one has ever had the same connector.

So I'm coming to my home away from home to ask you guys, if any of you have done an HID kit installtion or if you just bought new bulbs by themselves. If you have done an installation, could you provide pictures and/or the kit you bought so I know which kit to get?

Sorry I dragged this on for so long.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    I bought my 2ds at ebay for $20 over 1.5 year ago. I didnt have no problem with it. Still works

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    But I want to replace whole headlights, because its broke inside and light facing down, I have problems to see at night +my windshield is tinted to 55% Guys please help with finding new headlights that will fit my 2000 sport model with xenon. Thank you

CodyCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01' Cadillac Catera
    Heu John could you send a picture of your unbroken headlight? I have thes base model 01, but I believe I have the xenon housings, not halogen

elvin315 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: Headlight Confusion.

This link leads to CateraMV6's Headlight thread. It may answer your questions or confuse the hell out of you. There's a lot of info there so take your time to digest it.

http://cateraowners.forumotion.com/t...n-pics-56k-no_

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.