Rear view mirror with three buttons
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MoistCabbage
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Rear view mirror with three buttons in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 1999 Catera and the rear view mirror has three buttons on the under left hand side and ...
    werwer2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera

Rear view mirror with three buttons

I have a 1999 Catera and the rear view mirror has three buttons on the under left hand side and I'm wondering what they are for. In the owners manual it doesn't say what they are for except that there is a sensor that darkens the mirror at night when light hits it. Can anyone please tell me what these buttons do.

Thanks...Greg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

troyg71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

Re: Rear view mirror with three buttons

They are generally used to control garage door openers.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    They don't say anything? Anything happen when you press them?

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera
    I just read its a homelink transmitter. It allows you to consolidate the functions of up to three individual handheld transmitters. Garage doors, gates, or other devices controlled by radio frequency such as home and office lighting systems.
    To program, the engine needs to be off but ignition in on position. Hold down the two outer buttons till the little indicator light flashes rapidly (20 secs ). This initialize the memory and clears any previous settings for all buttons. Choose a button to program and hold the transmitter 2-5 inch away from the mirror so ur able to see indicator light. Using both hands press and hold the hand held transmitter button and the desired mirror button continue to hold until indicator light flashes slowly then rapidly. Rapidly means its been programmed and can now let go. Repeat to program others

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Once programed, I never had a problem with the homelink for the garage door opener. Must not have been made or designed by GM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaustein View Post
    Once programed, I never had a problem with the homelink for the garage door opener. Must not have been made or designed by GM.
    What are you referring too? What wasnt made or designed by GM ??

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Sarcasm. He's saying it works, so it can't be a GM product.
    Sontov likes this.

werwer2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    They don't say anything? Anything happen when you press them?
    They have no lettering on them but when you press them the LED's beside them light up.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 98Catera_2010 View Post
    I just read its a homelink transmitter. It allows you to consolidate the functions of up to three individual handheld transmitters. Garage doors, gates, or other devices controlled by radio frequency such as home and office lighting systems.
    To program, the engine needs to be off but ignition in on position. Hold down the two outer buttons till the little indicator light flashes rapidly (20 secs ). This initialize the memory and clears any previous settings for all buttons. Choose a button to program and hold the transmitter 2-5 inch away from the mirror so ur able to see indicator light. Using both hands press and hold the hand held transmitter button and the desired mirror button continue to hold until indicator light flashes slowly then rapidly. Rapidly means its been programmed and can now let go. Repeat to program others
    Thanks for the information I'll try that. I live in a condo and I wonder if it will work on that garage door.

You would need the remote for your condo garage in order to program because u have to hold both buttons. One on the mirror and the handheld transmitter for the condo garage. Good luck.

What are you referring too? What wasnt made or designed by GM ??
    The homelink/mirror system. Most everything on this car electrical has been a nightmare!

Maybe for some, obviously including you but others like myself with 252,321km haven't had crazy electrical issues that you speak of. I don't know when your problems occurred in your vehicles life but Im pretty sure I would have experienced some of these problems by now if they exist. Fingers crossed

Maybe for some, obviously including you but others like myself with 252,321km haven't had crazy electrical issues that you speak of. I don't know when your problems occurred in your vehicles life but Im pretty sure I would have experienced some of these problems by now if they exist. Fingers crossed
    You are a very lucky person

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.