oxygen sensor question.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, oxygen sensor question. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just installed all new sensors last week and cleared the codes. within one drive my check engine light came ...
    98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera

oxygen sensor question.

I just installed all new sensors last week and cleared the codes. within one drive my check engine light came back on, scanned and got only o2 sensor codes. P0134 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 1 ,P0135 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1, P0141 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 ,P0154 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 1, P0155 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1 ,P0161 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2.

I bought aftermarket NTK sensors and have read how aftermarket ones have been unsuccessful with other people. If I get Bosch or Acdelco will this fix issue.? for the guys who have done this or know anything i should know please please help as my car needs an emission test ASAP.
    Thanks for reading

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: oxygen sensor question.

Many owners on here have had success with aftermarket sensors, even e-bay cheapies. I believe the NTK is direct fit, not the kind you have to splice the wires, right? Are you sure the connectors are fully seated? Reversed front/back? Right part numbers? What is happening to you doesn't make sense.

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    I replaced my with oem, since this time, no problem and I only replace two front, two after cat. still original that have 161000 miles. I know they experience, but I found ebay seller who sold me two new for $50 each oem Bosch sensors, part number was different because Bosch changed numbers. But u can call dealer and find correct number. Now my sensors was originally with out connector, thats whats save u money, I just cut mine original from bad sensor and weld wires to new sensors, dont use quick wire connector, u need to weld wires togather and just tape them, then cover wires with temp. resistant wrap that on sensors. Go to autozone, order 1 front Bosch for $99.99, see if codec for bank 1 will clear. Go to my facebook "Ivan Rossinskiy" im in usa. Go to my albums, "My baby's!!! U will find pictures of sensor

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera
    I will try and see if the connectors are in proper seated even though they were installed by a mechanic and check for dirt. But ya they are direct fit. I cut one of the old ones in half and they have same amount of wires. (have read aftermarket have less wires ) the parts store around me in Ontario only can get NTK and there price is 145 per. So i went with Rockautos NTK and they sent wrong ones(i always double check before installing) first but they sent correct ones after i called to inform and we installed and only those codes. What else could be causing this? MAF? Getting absolutely no other codes no history or pending codes just current

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.