Check Engine light not lighting up - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Check Engine light not lighting up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey, i checked the manual again, are you sure it's relay #21 and not #1?...
    AllenPacla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Check Engine light not lighting up

Hey, i checked the manual again, are you sure it's relay #21 and not #1?

omermurat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Per service manual it's called "position 21". Let me scan the page and send it to you. I should have done it yesterday.

The file has been sent.

Thanks a bunch.

jepcorp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: Check Engine light lit due to P0411

Can one of you send me the references as to the location of the check valve and any other component for the AIR system is. I have the Check Engine LIght on and I hear the air pump cycle on when I turn the car on. All hoses are connected, but I am not that familiar with these valves. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can reply to me here or at jepcorp2004@yahoo.com

Re: Check Engine light lit due to P0411

Quote Originally Posted by jepcorp
    Can one of you send me the references as to the location of the check valve and any other component for the AIR system is. I have the Check Engine LIght on and I hear the air pump cycle on when I turn the car on. All hoses are connected, but I am not that familiar with these valves. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can reply to me here or at jepcorp2004@yahoo.com
    Hold on, I'll send them today sometime.. I am using another PC right now.

The file has been sent. Good luck..

jeredenb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

omermaut can you send me those instructions as well

dwayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member

omermurat,

i am getting the P0411 code also. i found your thread via google search. it sounds like i have the same problem. could you send me the files you had listed for troubleshooting and repair also? thanks.

I have been through this problem and likewise, i was helped by Omer, he sent me the trouble shooting guide and it helped me a lot. But the problem with the guide is it requires the use of the scanner to command the different components of the A.I.R. system to be checked thoroughly. I deviced a plan to pinpoint the culprit even without the scanner specially if it's established that the air pump is working. It's a little long to explain everything here so if anyone is interested, pm me your e-mail and i will send the steps and instructions to you.

dwayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member

AllenPacla,

for some reason i cannot send you a pm. i keep getting told i do not have permission. you can forward the information to me at hartranfts@cfaith.com. thanks. dwayne

Quote Originally Posted by AllenPacla
    I have been through this problem and likewise, i was helped by Omer, he sent me the trouble shooting guide and it helped me a lot. But the problem with the guide is it requires the use of the scanner to command the different components of the A.I.R. system to be checked thoroughly. I deviced a plan to pinpoint the culprit even without the scanner specially if it's established that the air pump is working. It's a little long to explain everything here so if anyone is interested, pm me your e-mail and i will send the steps and instructions to you.

cad99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Omermurat, can you send me the pdf file with the procedures. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by omermurat
    Secondary air flow is not that important for your car's health. All it does reducing the emission when the engine is cold, but the same thing can not be said for your O2 sensor problem. The engine continiously adjusts itself by the inputs from those O2 sensors.

For P0411 DTC read the below message that I posted a few days ago.

I had the same problem. The secondary air injection is the system that injects air in to the exhaust manifolds when the engine is cold in order to help burning not burned gas to reduce emissions and warm catalitic converters sooner to get them work faster. It's located in front of the left front wheel in the fender. It's nothing but an air pump like the ones in any vacuum cleaner. You need to make sure that the motor is fine, the switches, check valve etc.

In my case the check valve was bad and it was sending hot exhaust gases to the pump, and the water in the gas got accumulated in the pump and ruined it.

The new pump runs about $250, but same year BMW air pumps are actually the same ones only its electric connector is different. I used an BMW model for $160 and changed the rear cover where the connector located. It fit right in and has been running just fine for 6 months.

But you need to check the pump & check valve to make sure they are alright. If you need it I can send the procedure in pdf format.

For the O2 sensor, I remember reading a message about that. Simply pull the O2 sensors out, clean then by putting them in an injector cleaner solution overnight and you should be fine. Even if it doesn't work, it's worth to try.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cad99
    Omermurat, can you send me the pdf file with the procedures. Thanks.
    What's your email?

cad99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

PRSPower is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Omermurat, will you please send me the pdf file discussed on this thread. Thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.