Misfire Cylinder 6 and shutting off after 15 minutes...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Misfire Cylinder 6 and shutting off after 15 minutes... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I had my car checked out by my mechanic. I have a misfire again in cylinder 6. He said ...
    IvoryWhiteCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera (SOLD)

Misfire Cylinder 6 and shutting off after 15 minutes...

So I had my car checked out by my mechanic. I have a misfire again in cylinder 6. He said I should try injector cleaner. If not either wires or coil pack, i'm guessing? Has anyone had any misfires specifically in this one cylinder?

AND he also checked my CEL and there were 10 codes all for all four o2 sensors. He also said that the shutting off problem that i've had had to do with this. Something about if the sensors can't read the gases, the car will shut off?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: Misfire Cylinder 6 and shutting off after 15 minutes...

Can you re-start right away or do you have to let it cool down first? The mechanic might be on the right track. If the fuel pressure is low, it might be subject to a vapor lock when the engine warms up. Maybe cleaning the injectors will increase the pressure. Might also try changing fuel filter.

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera
    About 3 months ago i had same misfire in same cylinder. Since it was a while since a tune up was done, got new coil pack , wires , and plugs from rockauto and she started and ran beautifully. When took the wires off#6 wire was screwed looked burnt if i remember correctly .

IvoryWhiteCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera (SOLD)

Re: Misfire Cylinder 6 and shutting off after 15 minutes...

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by investor74 View Post
    Can you re-start right away or do you have to let it cool down first? The mechanic might be on the right track. If the fuel pressure is low, it might be subject to a vapor lock when the engine warms up. Maybe cleaning the injectors will increase the pressure. Might also try changing fuel filter.
    I can, but it will die in less time like 30 seconds, then I have to wait for half an hour or more before it can start again. Thanks.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 98Catera_2010 View Post
    About 3 months ago i had same misfire in same cylinder. Since it was a while since a tune up was done, got new coil pack , wires , and plugs from rockauto and she started and ran beautifully. When took the wires off#6 wire was screwed looked burnt if i remember correctly .
    Thanks. I'll do that, it will be expensive.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Just read post #1... You need a new mechanic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.