Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Misfire Cylinder 6 and shutting off after 15 minutes...

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MoistCabbage 
#1 ·
So I had my car checked out by my mechanic. I have a misfire again in cylinder 6. He said I should try injector cleaner. If not either wires or coil pack, i'm guessing? Has anyone had any misfires specifically in this one cylinder?

AND he also checked my CEL and there were 10 codes all for all four o2 sensors. He also said that the shutting off problem that i've had had to do with this. Something about if the sensors can't read the gases, the car will shut off?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Can you re-start right away or do you have to let it cool down first? The mechanic might be on the right track. If the fuel pressure is low, it might be subject to a vapor lock when the engine warms up. Maybe cleaning the injectors will increase the pressure. Might also try changing fuel filter.

#4 ·
[/COLOR]

I can, but it will die in less time like 30 seconds, then I have to wait for half an hour or more before it can start again. Thanks.

----------

About 3 months ago i had same misfire in same cylinder. Since it was a while since a tune up was done, got new coil pack , wires , and plugs from rockauto and she started and ran beautifully. When took the wires off#6 wire was screwed looked burnt if i remember correctly .
Thanks. I'll do that, it will be expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.