Venting frustrations..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Venting frustrations.. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I hate the Catera. I have had to repair something between every oil change only for something else to break. ...
    IvoryWhiteCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera (SOLD)

Venting frustrations..

I hate the Catera. I have had to repair something between every oil change only for something else to break. GM should stop sourcing European trash. A car is only as good as its engine and chassis. The chassis is okay, but the engine is crap. Pure crap. England should have nothing to do with engines. Should've gotten rid of it a long time ago. I may be the next kaustein haha. Venting because I want to hit something.

Regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Re: Venting frustrations..

Could have been worse?
    You could have ended up with the rebadged cavalier.
    Cadillac Cimarron

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    You realize the L81 is a GM designed, and GM built engine, right? Opel has been a GM brand since 1931.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    You realize the L81 is a GM designed, and GM built engine, right? Opel has been a GM brand since 1931.
    Sure, but it's built in Ellesmere Port. And my complaint isn't against Opel, although even Europeans recognize that Vauxhall and Opel are crap brands. The only successful car I can think of is the GTO/Monaro beating with the beautiful small-block Chevy motors.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryWhiteCatera View Post
    I hate the Catera. I have had to repair something between every oil change only for something else to break. GM should stop sourcing European trash. A car is only as good as its engine and chassis. The chassis is okay, but the engine is crap. Pure crap. England should have nothing to do with engines. Should've gotten rid of it a long time ago. I may be the next kaustein haha. Venting because I want to hit something.

Regards
    Venting is perfectly acceptable and understandable. I've been on this board for quite a while now and have had my Catera for almost 17 years.

Remember that if you have any specific problem, this is a really good group and we try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by investor74 View Post
    Venting is perfectly acceptable and understandable. I've been on this board for quite a while now and have had my Catera for almost 17 years.

Remember that if you have any specific problem, this is a really good group and we try to help.
    Thanks investor74. I'm in the middle of replacing the radiator from which I believe it was spewing coolant during city driving. That is its swansong repair before I get rid of it. One question though. Does the ac condenser hold any coolant? I broke one of the little inlet hoses on the radiator so I need to replace it anyway.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    The condenser contains refrigerant, not coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    The condenser contains refrigerant, not coolant.
    Thank you.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for the complement! The car is awful! No other word can describe it. Electrical nightmare! I never had an engine problem or tranny, but engine components, pumps, hose, switches were built with no quality control.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.