weird transmission issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, weird transmission issues in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; About a week ago i was having tranny issues, from a cold start when put into drive it would want ...
    98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera

weird transmission issues

About a week ago i was having tranny issues, from a cold start when put into drive it would want to move like normal but it seemed like when it warmed up it would go into limp mode without saying it was because when i would come to a stop at a light and go to take off the car doesn't want to move. Accelerates very slow until it gets past 40km/h then i can feel the tranny come back and give more power. At first i thought fluid and filter change but with work and kids didn't have time yet to take it in. And then i drove it to work one day and on the way home i lost the left head gasket coolant leaked out as i pulled into drive way without over heating. So we pulled engine apart and changed driver side gasket and put back tohether after a few days waiting for part and did engine oil n filter change. And now all tranny issues have gone away. It runs very strong no limp modes nothing. sorry for long post but im stumped on how all issues are gone from doin the jobs i described. Any input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: weird transmission issues

Sorry, but I had to laugh at the thread tile. To me all transmission problems are weird! No idea as to your problem, but I'm sure that it didn't fix itself.

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera
    I know lol i know but just found it odd that after it being down for a week it has ran fine. Have took it on a couple hard runs too in sport and it shifts smooth and no delays. With the car on 240 000 plus km i guess a fluid changed n filter won't hurt it either

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.