Hard to fill with gas
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Hard to fill with gas in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 1999 Catera and I just recently went down to North Carolina on vacation. As soon as I ...
    werwer2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera

Hard to fill with gas

I have a 1999 Catera and I just recently went down to North Carolina on vacation. As soon as I started getting gas in the U.S. The pump trigger would keep shutting off and it would take me forever to fill the tank up. Now I have been back home in Canada for a month and everything is fine. Today I went to fill the car up and it is starting to do the same thing. Add 10 or 20 cents then the trigger would shut off and squeeze again and get a few more cents then shut off again. Gets to be a real pain in the butt filling up. Anyone have any idea why it is doing this.

Thanks...Greg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Hard to fill with gas

Well I have been doing some research online and it appears that my fuel tank vent tube may be plugged and causing the problem of hard to fill with gas. Can anyone tell me if this is something I can fix myself or is it going to cost me a arm and a leg to get it fixed.

Thanks...Greg

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

When that has happened to me, due to a faulty gas handle, I pull the gas nozzle out as far as I can.

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera
    This has happened to me as well just once, I also did wat kaustein did and pull nozzle out as far as I could while still taking gas and not spilling. But hasn't happened again. Id say it has to be 6 months ago or longer.

I've tried that as well and it doesn't make any difference, still keeps shutting off.

PrimeTimeElite is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera 1999

I've encountered this as well. I once thought it had to do with temperature, until happened in the middle of a snow storm. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Though I have noticed when it does it, it will do it ALL day; there is no "put in a few bucks and try again in an few hours" When I pull the nozzle out as far as possible all that does is show me how the fuel pools up the tube, it just doesn't get into the tank fast enough.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.