Massive coolant leak... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Massive coolant leak... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by retho78 Then it's possible the auxiliary pump is bad. To test it just connect it to the ...
    IvoryWhiteCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera (SOLD)

Re: Massive coolant leak...

Quote Originally Posted by retho78 View Post
    Then it's possible the auxiliary pump is bad. To test it just connect it to the battery and see if it spins. I may have one that I pulled from the salvage yard. The thermostat is located next to the oil cooler or under the intake. Just track the top radiator hose (big one) and the other end goes to the thermostat.
    Yeah, it can't be the thermostat, then. I broke it hah, so there's no use in trying to get it to work. When it steams there seems to be a lot of pressure built up where the auxiliary fuel pump was. So I definitely have to change it. I'm hoping it will solve the problem. Has anyone had any problems with their thermostat? If so, what would be the symptoms? Thanks.

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

If the thermostat is bad then it would overheat the car. I replaced mine when I did the oil cooler swap couple years ago.

Okay. Replaced the aux water pump. Works just fine and doesn't get hot. $130 later...this car is not for the feeble minded...or the big handed or broke college students.

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Good deal!

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    It is. I got mine from dealership for 5k cash with 126k in excellent external and internal condition and put in to it so far 6k in 4 years. I have now 158k. And I did all work by my self. I learned so mush from my car, it gave me experience that u can't find. I love it. I will keep it until my engin die or tranny and if it's happend, I will swap it.... I still have OEM floor mats

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJJO View Post
    It is. I got mine from dealership for 5k cash with 126k in excellent external and internal condition and put in to it so far 6k in 4 years. I have now 158k. And I did all work by my self. I learned so mush from my car, it gave me experience that u can't find. I love it. I will keep it until my engin die or tranny and if it's happend, I will swap it.... I still have OEM floor mats
    That's true. This car is a money pit but it will give you make you an expert if you do the work yourself. Ever since I did my valve cover job, I feel like I can take anything on on any car (besides the complicated German ones). The only thing that frustrates me is that everything under the hood is tight.

----------

Oh, and does anyone know of an all aluminum replacement radiator for the Catera?

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    There is thread here, How to replace radiator. Search !!! . They way cheeper if u get it of online, like eBay or rockauto. I got mine from junk yard for $40, work just fine. It's not that easy to replace but not to hard and no special tools needed so that's good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.