What is this part?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, What is this part? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; photo (1).JPG It's located under my antifreeze tank, it sometimes drips and smokes and i have no idea why.. any ...
    Stewie2395 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac catera

What is this part?

photo (1).JPG

It's located under my antifreeze tank, it sometimes drips and smokes and i have no idea why.. any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: What is this part?

I believe that is one of the auxilliary water pumps.

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    This is your axuality water pump. Passanger side one very important!!! If its don't work it will have over heating. U have one more on radiator - driver side. It's common problem on Cateras, they quit working, or leak. I would recommend u to replace it asap.

Well, it doesn't smoke all the time and the leaking doesn't either. Some days it stops all together, but also how much do they cost and where could I get one?

marko69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Sport, 1990 Porsche 944 S2 cab

It is the Heater Auxiliary Water Pump.

From the book:
    With the ignition ON, the heater auxiliary water pump runs continuously and increases the flow of coolant to the heater core. At low RPM or idle, coolant circulation to the heater core is low and a failure in this pump would result in poor passenger compartment heating. The pump is mounted on the RH strut tower.

Put your hand on the pump and wiggle the connector and see if it starts working. I had a bad connector and a bad pump. I got one from the junkyard for 15 or 20 dollars. If you do that, make sure you get a receipt. I had to go back a few times to get one that worked.

What do you mean to see if it starts working again? I mean my engine doesn't overheat or anything, in all the car works well, that doesn't seem to be hindering the car any. But i thought you know fix it now before something bigger happens.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    He means see if it starts running, it should be.

Yours is leaking, it needs to be replaced anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.