New to Catera's! need help on specs for inside lights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, New to Catera's! need help on specs for inside lights in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, everyone I just got my first Cadilliac the other day. It's a 1998 Catera and I am looking at ...
    CaddyExpress is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

New to Catera's! need help on specs for inside lights

Hi, everyone I just got my first Cadilliac the other day. It's a 1998 Catera and I am looking at getting the blue L.E.D lights for the interior I have ordered 2 from ebay so far for the reading lamps up front but the Catera has three and I'm looking for the size of the middle one it is a different shape then the other two. If anyone can tell me the correct sizes for all the interior lights I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    CaddyExpress

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: New to Catera's! need help on specs for inside lights

I'm not sure I would do it. The car is an electrical nightmare! And putting fancy, shmancy, lights where none existed might be problematic. Read the threads here Just for example, my sunroof would open and close on it's own whenever it damn well wanted to. Fog lights the same. Sometimes they worked, other times not! The only good thing was the sound system.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Nothing's going to get messed up from swapping in LEDs.

Check the bulb itself for a number, or try here:
    https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/appli...s/lrgmain.aspx

CaddyExpress is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks I didn't know it was on the bulb it's self! I will have a look and see!

----------

Looked at the bulb it reads 1286sphillips12v10w k25673. When I check the Sylvania site it says the one I'm looking for is not checkable I have to check the bulb or the owners manual neither show what I'm looking for. The light I'm looking at getting on ebay I need to know the length and I have no idea what it is.

This is the ad for the bulbs it shows the sizes that you can order.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/5050-SMD-LED-...item2a2a75accb

Thanks again guys!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Some Googling says it's 41mm.

ThatCoolDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera Sport

If your going to put LED's in the interior make sure you buy error free LED's, it's make it have the same restriction a regular filiment bulb would have. Otherwise like Kaustein said its going to be a nightmare. I tried putting regular LED festoon's in there and my lights started acting very weird. They would stay on very dim while driving, changed the bulbs back to normal and it went back to normal.
    EDIT: Any bulb that requires a switch to turn on you can put any cheap .50cent led in but the bulbs for the door require the Error free LED's.

mmnyc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HI CaddyExpress

I have been working on my fiancee's dad's 2001 catera and have been replacing all of the lights with 8000K LED's. I bought the interior lights from Precision LED. http://www.precisionled.com/

They sell packages specific to your Catera and you can add on individual LED lights. The only issue I ran into was the LED lights were the wrong size for a couple of the lights (vanity and courtesy lights) I called and explained the situation and they said to take photos with the factory bulbs and any other pertinent information. I did just that with a ruler so they can measure out the factory bulbs and they are in the process of sending me new bulbs. For the interior I def recc Precision LED.

For the exterior I bought the license plate and reverse light from iJDMtoy http://store.ijdmtoy.com/. For the reverse lights I bought these (http://store.ijdmtoy.com/CREE-Q5-XP-...led-sku341.htm) They are super bright!

The front and rear turn signals and the stop light I bought these higher quality LED's from Carid. I think the brand is LUMEN but the lights are brilliant. Very rich in color and bright. They also list each specific location of bulbs they offer for the car. I bought the higher priced one because I wanted the best LED light they offered. http://www.carid.com/led-lights.html

I hope this helps. I had done a ton of research and these three companies have fulfilled my lighting needs.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.