climate control not functioning/ passenger side heated seat wont shut off/
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, climate control not functioning/ passenger side heated seat wont shut off/ in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; climate control not functioning/ passenger side heated seat wont shut off/ stee ---------- I had the heatercore replaced by someone ...
    wyse18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 catera base model

climate control not functioning/ passenger side heated seat wont shut off/

climate control not functioning/ passenger side heated seat wont shut off/ stee

----------

I had the heatercore replaced by someone who was not competent enough to put the car back together the right way. Now my climate control will not function, the passenger side heated seat will not shut off and and the dash lights will not turn on, the fog light button turns on and off the headlghts instead of the headlight switch. I was told that it might be the body control module but I'm not really sure what to think. I dropped a bunch of money on this and got my car back with a misaligned steering wheel and all of these problems. These are only a few of the problems that I have now. Most of the problems.except for the steering wheel are electrical and I have no idea what could be wrong. If anyone could point me in the right direction for repairs I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. My cars electrics were in good working order before this and because of this I havnt been.able to drive it in months. Thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: climate control not functioning/ passenger side heated seat wont shut off/

From experience the car is an electrical nightmare! My sunroof would open and close at will! Memory seats would try to fold me in half. Fog lights a mind of there own. But the worst was when I couldn't turn the passenger side fresh air inlet off in the dead of winter. Driver side I roasted, passenger side, my wife was wrapped in a blanket.

Finding competent people to work on it is very difficult. I've a Caddy dealer owner state that they didn't even want to see them in the shop.

hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): catera

Man... thats so unfortunant. I have had sever people say the EXACT same thing.. went in for heater core came back witht he same issue! It just sounds as if it was not assembled properly.. your seat heaters are prolly not connected.. you can disconnect them under the seat.

Id pull the dash aport and work on it myself! Im sure you will find stuff not connected!

wyse18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 catera base model

I know eh it sucks big time. I will end up taking the dash apart and figuring it out, I have done some minor electrical work on the car, like replacing the K134 module and replacing the instrument panel light bulbs with blue led's but never even have gotten a chance to drive with them in because shortly after I installed them I went for the heater core replacement and now its F'd. Im taking automotive collision repair and refinishing where Im from (Nova Scotia, Canada) and hope we will be getting into some electrical type work so I can gain some confidence in it.
    Thanks for the reply and for letting me know that I'm not the first person to encounter this type of Fubar.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The car is brutal. It is always one thing after another.

arten11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

gear on motor is disengaged put a washer to space it out check the motor if is engaging when you push the button.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.