po 301 code
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, po 301 code in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; OK need some help on this one... I have a 97 catera, got a check eng. Light ran it and ...
    Icatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member

po 301 code

OK need some help on this one... I have a 97 catera, got a check eng. Light ran it and it was pro 301, pulled the #1 plug boot and found that my valve cover is full of oil, and I mean full, over the spark plug full, I mean you can't see the plug.. It was leaking a little oil, nothing weird there, can anyone tell me what's going on??? I know its not draining back to the crank case, but why?? Any easy fix
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: po 301 code

check the breather box probably clogged up and change the valve cover gaskets. Also, plugs may need replacement.

OK, thanks for reply... Where's the breather box??? And that spark plug thing you mention. Oh yaaa

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The breather box is located on the passenger side right behind the valve cover area. There are two hoses (one big and one small) that goes from the breather box to the upper intake black plastic piece (four hose hook up ends on one end). It goes across the upper intake to the throttle body. It could be clogged up too, remove the black plastic strip out slowly and there's a rubber O ring under the plastic piece. Remove that slowly without breaking it and also the two tiny O rings on the other end of the plastic that goes to the throttle body. Then spray some carb cleaner throught it and also check the breather box openings, use a paper clip or something similar to the tiny opening and clean the gunk out.

Once all cleaned out install the three rubber O rings back and work on the valve cover gaskets and plugs.

Thanks.

Thanks again.. This one had me baffled.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.