2000 Cadillac Catera Auxillary Electric Water Pumps
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 2000 Cadillac Catera Auxillary Electric Water Pumps in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I have to replace both of my auxillary water pumps in my 2000 Cadillac Catera 4-Door. My main water ...
    jarnett56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

2000 Cadillac Catera Auxillary Electric Water Pumps

Hi,
    I have to replace both of my auxillary water pumps in my 2000 Cadillac Catera 4-Door. My main water pump is O.K. One electric auxiliary pump is located behind the radiator, and the other is by the heater core. These look like identical parts but I want an expert to confirm that they are the same. The GM Dealer quoted $274 (P/N-GM 9120117) each for these but I looked online at the A1 Cardone website and their part number- Cardone 55-17911 is available through www.theautopartsshop.com for $34.54 each plus shipping. Funny, when I called two different cadillac dealers, they tell me that my car has only one aux pump?? Weird!! If these two aux pumps are the same, I will order two of them through the Auto Parts Shop online. They also give you a two year warranty. I wonder why the huge discrepancy in price even though one part is OEM and the other is after-market? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

Re: 2000 Cadillac Catera Auxillary Electric Water Pumps

yes ! order them $34. thay are the same. but i fix mine by full disassembly. it just dirt in motor that build up from brushes. it was pain in ass to do it, but had too cuz i had to drive for 200 miles and it was over heating and i had to leave same day, nobody had it in stoke at the local parts store. my driver side pump works, i tested, but for some reason its never running. i still didnt find out why. but temperature stay normal now.

Thank you so much JohnJJO!!!!!! I appreciate your help on this one!!!! The Cadillac parts guys at the dealerships obviously are mechanics!!! Can't believe they couldn't tell me that I had 2 aux water pumps. I will order the 2 pumps at www.theautopartsshop.com for $34.54 each. At that price, you can't beat it.

gvjv3 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 97 forest Green catera

I made be wrong on this, but am sure the auxiliary water pump on the passenger side under the fill tank is the heater pump and comes on when you turn the heat on and the auxillary water pump on the drivers side next to the battery is the over heat pump and comes on when your car starts to get too hot.

Hello

I tried to order a pump from www.theautopartsshop.com, but they are out of stock, thats after I order and they charge my card and then they say they don't have any and refunded my card. I went to Parts Geek.com and got the same part at the same price and was ship the same day.

I just had the same experience with the autopartsshop.com and autopartsexpress.com. On the last website autopartsexpress.com, I had to E-mail them a query to my order from last Wed 1/23 and they told me they cancelled my order. I just used partsgeek.com as you suggested gvjv3 and they had 2 that I needed and I just ordered those. Did yours show shipped after you ordered them? Thank you so much for this suggestion!!!
    Jerry

I got a email from them when they charge my card, next day got e-mail stating shipped and got tracking number, due 2-4-13

Hi Gvjv3,
    I just had parts geek refund my money since they are out of stock as well. I don't know why I'm having so many problems trying to order this part. I've ordered from 3 different parts sites and all of them have refunded my money stating they are out of stock.I guess I'll keep on trying. Thanks for your help though.

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera

Have you tried rockauto?

Unfortunately, Rock Auto uses the same shipping warehouse as the other 3 websites I tried. Thanks for the suggestion though!!!

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have pm'd you, check your message....thanks.

if you are looking for a new one, here are couple options

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-251-60.../dp/B000C9NGD2

or

http://www.amazon.com/Cardone-Select.../dp/B001PGQ9JO

Seek_Low is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

For some reason I couldn't find this link as I needed to replace the one under the overflow reservoir

http://www.theautopartsshop.com/Sear...hText=55-17911

Price is now ~ $ 52 + Shipping

Ended up buying used OEM on eBay, vs. aftermarket - But I have bookmarked the reference site - since there are two and who knows how long my used part will work.

Was loosing the reservoir amount every 500 miles, once the pace accelerated to every 90 - 120 miles the leak was easy to spot

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.