Weird issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Weird issue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 2 days in a row now I was driving the cat. Stoped ran in the store real quick came out ...
    98Geldog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 eldorado, 2000 Catera

Weird issue

2 days in a row now I was driving the cat. Stoped ran in the store real quick came out and when I start it up it takes about 5 seconds to start. Then the car idles over 2000 rpm and stays there till I pull of snd then everything's fine. Does it sound like the throttle is being stuck open. If so does it explained the sudden valve cover leak?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cateralover1209 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera sport

Re: Weird issue

you may have massive vacum leak a bad mass airflow a bad coolant sensor a plugged crank case ventilation box just do research on these most common idle issues in the cateras

elbrown4183 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera

..Or Idle Air Control Valve.

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Did u do take out the throttle body while working on it recently? If so, try to let the throttle relearn it by following the relearn steps.

If not then it could be vacuum leak or MAF.

Well I've changed the MAF And temp sensor twice cleaned the breather twice and changed the valve cover gaskets and replaced the breather box hoses. The problem seemed to go away for now but the valve covers still leak. The box that sits in front of the fan that connects to the TB what is that called? It has a oil and coolant mix in it just a little from the old engine. I will thoroughly clean that out today as every time I check the black box on the top of the engine the tubes have that residue in them

Well I think I found the problem. Was driving home on the expressway yesterday and of a sudden POW, the started to pop like a racing car would and I couldn't excelerate more than 30mph there's my massive vacuum leak. Passenger side manifold . Anybody ever had this problem?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.