Hvac control head removal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Hvac control head removal in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello All, Happy New Year. I'm trying to remove the radio in order to swap out the HVAC control head. ...
    libbysman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 catera/03 CTS

Unhappy Hvac control head removal

Hello All, Happy New Year. I'm trying to remove the radio in order to swap out the HVAC control head. I have the shop manuals, but nowhere in there does it mention how to get the besel around the centre dash ( the piece that goes around the seat heater switches, traction control etc. I did remove the ashtray and found the 2 screws behind it to free up the bottom of the bezel. But I can't figure out how to get the top of the bezel free. If anyone has done this I would really appreciate a quick answer, or refer me to a posting that covers this procedure. Cheers, Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    There is screw under each button on the sides. Remove buttons u will see them.

Re: Hvac control head removal

Thanks for replying John. When I pop out the switch button I only see the socket for the switch. Does the switch itself have to be released to find the screws? I'm leery to remove something that I can't get back in. The cover for the TCS won't stay in now that I've popped it out. Is that something I can remedy once I remove the bezel?

jupiter57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '97 DeVille, '98 DeVille, '97 Catera

Quote Originally Posted by libbysman View Post
    Thanks for replying John. When I pop out the switch button I only see the socket for the switch. Does the switch itself have to be released to find the screws? I'm leery to remove something that I can't get back in. The cover for the TCS won't stay in now that I've popped it out. Is that something I can remedy once I remove the bezel?
    I popped that one off earlier & never got it to go back on!
    Anyone know the trick to getting this TCS button to properly connect?

Either you have a different year Catera John, or you were guessing. I have all the switches out and there are no screws to be seen. I do however have some news for Jupiter57. If you squeeze the two tabs on the TCS and pull out, the whole switch comes out. To put the cover back on it use a sharp instrument to keep the switch from going in as you push the cover back on.
    John, I think that bezel has to come out to reveal the screws. I put my TCS switch next to the replacement HVAC control and it looks like the screws are right behind the socket where the TCS switch plugs in. Now that my consol looks like Swiss cheese I've still got to find the missing link. If anyone out there has done this before you would be a real Savior if you would fire along that knowledge to this thread. Thanks all, Brian

----------

I have explored further and found the golden fleece. There are two (2) screws behind the little blanks between the TCS switch and the TRUNK release. Removing these gives access to the screws for removing the RADIO & the HVAC Contol HEAD. Tomorrow she comes out, as I still have to disconnect the wiring to the sockets for all those switches. Thanks for your input guys, its been appreciated. I'll update as this goes along. Cheers, Brian

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.