Poor Gas Mileage - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Poor Gas Mileage in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; That's horrible I get 300miles a tank and I use the required 93...
    CadillacManny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Catera
    That's horrible I get 300miles a tank and I use the required 93

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Guys I did big job today, replaced thermostat, temperature sensor, thermostat sender sensor, fuel pressure regulator and engine oil cooler. I did all video recording and will post them on youtube soon. U can find few videos on YouTube regarding door noise and side mirrors stuck issues. Just type in YouTube search box: Catera door noise or catera window switch for second video. Also three more video coming soon regarding radio removal procedure, climate control bulb replacements and how to remove rubber covering on interior trim. Next week I'm hoping to find time and replace front struts, control arm bushing, front and rear stabilizer bar bushing and links. Video will be done also and will go on YouTube

Re: Poor Gas Mileage

i replaced temp. sensor, temp. sender sensor on coolant bridge, while i was there i decide to replaced thermostat and oil cooler due to external leak. MY MPG dind went up !!!!!! im getting same 13-16mpg....... + just realized that since pass year (after my friend told me) car feel likes not going no where, feels like i have around 100 hp - 100 torch...... no cheack engin light..... rpm 600-630 on warm.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Please stop double posting and hijacking threads.

As posted to you in another thread: Start your own thread, pull your codes, post them and their definitions.

What are u talking about . That'd like almost my thread... Look how many respond I had on that thread. That's my add on to it! Regarding of replacements of temp sensors. That was recommended. That didn't work out.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Oh, I see, you hijacked it in January, guess that makes it your thread...

This is a perfect example why you shouldn't do it in the first place. Information gets missed, and it takes longer for you to get an answer:

Since I'm just seeing your above post on this page I'm assuming it's your first post on the problem. There's more information on YOUR problem earlier in the thread, but since it's not your thread, I had no reason to go one page, and two months back, looking for your posts.

As for replacing the temp sensors, nobody told you to do that. A member posted that he was suspicious of his. Unless you had codes pointing to a bad temperature sensor, or that the engine wasn't reaching normal operating temperature, they were fine.

Once again, start a thread, and start from the beginning. Describe the problem, PULL YOUR CODES, LIST THEM AND THEIR DEFINITIONS.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Poor Gas Mileage

I always used reg. Road trips via cruise 25iish. Around town, maybe 20 at best!

zenanick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by werwer2012 View Post
    I have a 1999 catera and I have noticed that over the past month or so the gas mileage is getting really bad. I had it into the garage and they changed the air filter and plugs and it still is bad. I go 50 to 60 klms on a 1/2 a tank of gas and it cost me $32 to fill it up again. Can anyone give me any idea's what else they sholud check. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..Greg
    New search

Regular..... never.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.