Bank 1 sensor 1
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Bank 1 sensor 1 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I got code 0135 and 0115 o2 sensor bank. 1 sensor 1 and coolant temp sensor circuit . Changed temp ...
    98Geldog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 eldorado, 2000 Catera

Bank 1 sensor 1

I got code 0135 and 0115 o2 sensor bank. 1 sensor 1 and coolant temp sensor circuit . Changed temp sensor code still there. My question is bank 1 sensor 1 is the right side before the cat. Is this a upstream or downstream sensor? I'm going to by it from rockauto and need to know exactly what I'm getting. Thanks for any info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Bank 1 sensor 1

Ok I don't get it. I replaced both of these sensors, erased the codes and they still come back like right away. They were the correct parts because they are exact from the ones removed. All connections look good from what I can see. What could be the issue? I have a 2000 body but a 1999 engine. Does the computer look for something different from the two years or what. Please help

Oh by the way the car runs perfect. But this service engine light is very annoying

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

how do u erase the codes

ODB2 scanner take it to autozone they'll do it for free

olddavid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado(sold)99 SLS(sold) 98Catera

I went through a similar stretch sometime back. I finally managed to clear my light by cleaning the contacts on the MAF plug. How much for the sensors in Chicagoland?

Expensive about $260. Me personally I went to the none yard and the two cat that were out there I pulled the MAF but not luck. But I will try cleaning the connector.

nethic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera

If doing regular maintenance of the exhaust system, what would you change first, downstream o2 sensors or upstream o2 sensors (front ones first or back ones first) ? and how does it matter?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    O2 sensors are part of the emissions system, not the exhaust system. "Regular maintenance" does not apply to O2 sensors, they either work, or they don't. If there's a problem with an O2 sensor, a code will set,and the CEL will illuminate.

O2 sensor code went away. Coolant temp sensor reading 280 should be around 220. Small leak in the radiator, someone put JB weld on it. 300+ bucks just for the radiator!

nethic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera

Quote Originally Posted by 98Geldog View Post
    O2 sensor code went away. Coolant temp sensor reading 280 should be around 220. Small leak in the radiator, someone put JB weld on it. 300+ bucks just for the radiator!
    I think I seen a couple on ebay for less then that. let me see if I can find them and post them here for you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.