Mine!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By investor74
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Mine! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2001 Catera. All mine and I love it. I have made two cross country trips and believe ...
    tonilaura is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): toniknowles@me.com cattera

Mine!

I have a 2001 Catera. All mine and I love it. I have made two cross country trips and believe me, no problems. In Texas, I received a warning ticket for doing 90 in an eighty mile zone, I-10. Love all, alarm, telephone, etc. but when Caddy went digital, lost all, even the car alarm. I havebeen trying since to find someone who could at least reactivate the alarm. No luck. Yet, but if someone knows how to have the alarm turnned back on, appreciated it. Tried Cadillac, no knowledge there. This isn't my first Caddy. Had three others, De Villa's all used but this was my first new Caddy. Even took them overseas when we were deployed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Are you referring to the switch from analog to digital OnStar? That would have nothing to do with your factory alarm.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: Mine!

Wow, you are lucky. In many states, if you are caught going over 80, they will take away your license.

I've had my Catera since new in November 1996. Like having another old timer here, so many first time posts are from guys who just bought their Cateras a couple days ago.

From what I read, the folks who had the analog Onstar are just plain out of luck. My Catera arms the security as soon as I lock it. Nice to know, though, that you are worried your Catera will be stolen! . Many member here think they are junk!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.