dropping rpm when brake - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, dropping rpm when brake in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    gvjv3 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 97 forest Green catera

Re: dropping rpm when brake

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    You came to these forums asking for help, which the members here have been providing you. If you don't understand something, fine, ask for an explanation, and you shall receive. .....But:
    Quote Originally Posted by gvjv3
    ??????

IAC??? TPS??????

come on guys, what you think we spend are life studying Mech abbreviations
    ^^That^^ post has a bit too much of a snappy attitude to it. How are we to know that you don't know the meanings of the acronyms, AND that you're unwilling to invest a VERY small amount of effort on your part, to simply look up their definitions? We can't read your mind. Just don't expect to get more information than what you ask for, and if you have a question, word it a bit nicer.

Lack basic thinking? Be nicer and help people out? Take a look through my nearly 10,000 posts, then tell me how many "bad comments" I've posted.

If you still want help, use the link I posted to find the acronym definitions. They're all in there.

Thank You

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    TPS - ThrottlePosition Sensor

I think I Finally found it, at least in mine hope it's the same in yours, I found a Vacuum leak, and repair it, my Idle has stop jumping up and down, am going to drive it a few days to make sure that was it, then I tell you were it was.

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

well common leak on all cateras coming from secondary injection air pump it self, that located under driver side front bumper, if u start you car and its sounds like some one turn on vacuum cleaner out side, thats your pump got unsealed, its easy fix, new pump cost like $400, fix is like $4!
    To fix it u have to take down horn that next to the pump, then pump it self. u will see how rivits (that factory used) snap off. so i used long thin bolts (approx 2in long) with small nuts, its like 6 of them there. i did it like 2 years ago!

OK I no longer have my idle jumping, I found the problem by accident, I put my hand under the [COLOR="#FF0000"]Idle Control Valve 0280140567
    and my finger happen to cover a crack which was a vacuum leak, I repace it with one I got on e-bay $40.00 and my idle dosn.t jump anymore, check yours out.vacum.jpg

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport
    Cool. But I don't have that valve.... My intake manifold looks different.
    Smacas throttle position sensor. I don't have it. If I'm not mistaken its all togather in my throttle body.

DO, DO"S, sorry about that, my part name is, Idle Air Control Value, see if you can find out what they did or move it in your year of car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.