Passenger side heat not working?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Passenger side heat not working? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So my passenger side heat doesn't work, it blows cold air while the drivers said blows hot air like it's ...
    BossLady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L 5 spd Manual-Black Beauty

Passenger side heat not working?

So my passenger side heat doesn't work, it blows cold air while the drivers said blows hot air like it's supposed to. Any idea what could be wrong? Something possibly disconnected, or blocked? I think the K 134 relay needs to be replaced because the radio, trunk, fuel door will randomly go out sometimes but I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with the heat, Im assuming not. Does anyone know where I can find that relay besides off a junk car?
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Passenger side heat not working?

Welcome to my world. That was the last straw for me to get rid of the car. Actuator isn't working.

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

u can fix actuator, by taking in a part and pushing shaft in to the motor that over time pushed out. save $130

gvjv3 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 97 forest Green catera

as far as the K134, if you can get it out, under the dash, drivers side close to the door, gray box that clips to side, raise it up and pull it out, disconnect the wire, than open it up, pull out the relay board, look at the solder contacts on the back side and find the ones that are crack or loose, resolder the ones that need it, and put it back together and when you put it back, I advise you dont clip it back where it was but just let it hang with the wires connected to it, it's my opinion that closing the door many times cause the vibration that causes the solding points to crack

are you referring to this shaft?Attachment 100444

thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.