Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Radio/trunk/fuel door malfunctions

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  gvjv3 
#1 ·
I have had my 2000 catera for about a year and I have always had problems with the fuel door the trunk and my radio turning on at odd times and shutting off. I really want to listen to my radio without it going out, but am not sure where to start. I have read several posts about this same problem, and there solution was the body control module was bad. If this is the case where exactly to the detail is this part located, and where can I find a trustworthy place to find the new part. If anyone knows where or how I can fix this problem I would love an answer thank you to anyone that can help.

#4 ·
Can confirm that this is very likely the K134. If you have a soldering iron you can resolder all the joints and it may fix your problem. If not the part is only $60 and can be installed without tools, except maybe a flat head screwdriver or a quarter to take off the panel above the brake pedal.

#5 ·
it is like what they say but alittle harder to find, take the panel off below your steering wheel, look for the fuses closes to the door, then reach in pass the fuses towards the door and grab a light gray box, it clips on so you have to lift it up and out, once you have it out you can open it up and repair the solder connecting ( which I did) or replace it with a new one, ether way when you put it back in, I didnt clip it back on, I just let it hang there with the wires holding it up, its my opinion that its the shutting of the door many times over time that causes the connections to crack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.