Long time Catera owner about to be Catera-less
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Long time Catera owner about to be Catera-less in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I owned a 97' and presently my 2001 Catera Sport. I've been to a Catera meet-up with CateraMV6, bought the ...
    ondale is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Sport

Long time Catera owner about to be Catera-less

I owned a 97' and presently my 2001 Catera Sport. I've been to a Catera meet-up with CateraMV6, bought the wheels that he showed me from the Saturn Astra XR. But I'm about to buy a new SRX and the dealer insulted me with a low trade in, so I've listed the car in the Classified sections. I have the stock Catera Sport Wheels in storage, but the 18" Astra XR wheels are on the vehicle now, I'd consider selling those separately to a loyal Catera forum member. I've learned alot from everyone here Elvin, CateraMV6 Blizzard,etc. Best source of repair information for the Catera period. Thanks for all of your assistance through the years in helping keep my car running.

Here is link to more pictures from PhotoBucket:
    http://s960.beta.photobucket.com/use...Catera%20Sport
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chobes13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera

Re: Long time Catera owner about to be Catera-less

How much do you want for those mv6 rims? I'm interested.

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Chobes13 View Post
    How much do you want for those mv6 rims? I'm interested.
    by MV6 rims do you mean the fat spoked Catera Sport rims? the ones pictured are from the Saturn/Vauxhall Astra.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Ondale, may I ask what low ball the dealer gave you? I'm getting itchy to buy an ATS and may have to go through that torture myself soon. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by investor74 View Post
    Ondale, may I ask what low ball the dealer gave you? I'm getting itchy to buy an ATS and may have to go through that torture myself soon. Thanks.
    They offered me a paltry $1,500. they tried to support that value with a print out of what the recent auctions brought in. I stated how can you compare the condition of the 4 Catera's that sold at local auctions to my vehicle. The trade-in report stated "Mushy brakes", a "Rubbing sound in the back wheel well" and an insane "The car's transmission doesn't pull as well when not in the Sport Mode", I looked at him as said "really?, Have you ever driven a Catera, how you can make that assessment. Of course the Catera will hold the gear longer in the Sport Mode over regular mode"

Back in the day, MV6 had those identical Saturn Astra XR rims on his ride. I haven't seen a recent picture, so not sure if he went back to those fat spoke the stock wheel. The attached photo is my car when I had the fat spoked stock 17" wheels. I found my current Saturn Astra XR wheels on ebay several years ago and had them refinished. They still have the Saturn center cap, I had thought about buying the Vauxhall center caps, but they were pricey with shipping from Europe.
    CateraS.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.