01 catera frequent use of 'S' button
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By MoistCabbage
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 01 catera frequent use of 'S' button in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Would frequent use of the sport button affect the transmission? The last few days my car key wouldn't come out ...
    Chobes13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera

01 catera frequent use of 'S' button

Would frequent use of the sport button affect the transmission? The last few days my car key wouldn't come out of the ignition. The shifter can also be pulled into reverse, neutral, and drive all while the car is turned off. Luckily, the car is under warranty and it's going back to the dealer today. this is for future reference because I love my catera!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Your problem has to do with the ignition lock cylinder, and/or the shift interlock. Nothing to do with the transmission itself, and no, using the S button won't effect the transmission.

Re: 01 catera frequent use of 'S' button

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Your problem has to do with the ignition lock cylinder, and/or the shift interlock. Nothing to do with the transmission itself, and no, using the S button effect the transmission.
    it turns out I had a blown head gasket! They said they were 99% sure. It will take them approx. 1 week and its all covered by my warranty. They said I put the key in wrong too . Thanks for the reply!

Wait, you went in complaining about the key/shifter problem, and they tested for a bad head gasket?!?! AND they're not even sure?!?! Did they perform a block test?

Whatever happens with the gasket/s, tell them to look into the key/shifter problem again. The problem is NOT you not knowing how to use a key.
    investor74 and investor74 like this.

They didn't test anything yet. When I told them what was going on they said they bet I probably blew a head gasket. I'm not exactly sure what kind of tests they are going to do. And I know it's not me not knowing how to use a key. Do you really think they are going to exploit the fact that the key was stuck in there, cadillac emblem facing away from the driver???

Quote Originally Posted by Chobes13
    They didn't test anything yet. When I told them what was going on they said they bet I probably blew a head gasket.
    WOW! They're COMPLETE morons.

Do you really think they are going to exploit the fact that the key was stuck in there, cadillac emblem facing away from the driver???
    It's a two way key, it works BOTH ways. Again, morons.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    WOW! They're COMPLETE morons.

It's a two way key, it works BOTH ways. Again, morons.
    I was skeptical when they said I blew a gasket. But they took it in, I'll get it back in a couple days. he is a certified mechanic so he knows more than me. We will see what they do...I'm so anxious.

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

ask to see the gasket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.