Anyone know if K134 Multifunction Module is grounded or suppose to be?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Anyone know if K134 Multifunction Module is grounded or suppose to be? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had ask a question (in another thread) if anyone could help me figure out why my 2000 Catera won't ...
    help4me2day is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

Anyone know if K134 Multifunction Module is grounded or suppose to be?

I had ask a question (in another thread) if anyone could help me figure out why my 2000 Catera won't start when it sits overnight. Once it is started for the first time of the day, it starts right up the rest of the day. I didn't get any help on that question but I am still trying to figure out the problem. I am beginning to think the problem might be electrical in nature and might have to do with a "grounding" wire--either a grounded wire is broken or has come loose somewhere. I am thinking along those lines because each time I jump start it (every morning) the radio "resets" the time just the same as it would reset if the battery cables had been disconnected.

Around about the time I started having this problem, I replace the K134 Multifunction Module to fix a problem with my radio, trunk, and gas tank door. Those problems are corrected now with the K134 replacement. So, because it was replaced so close to the time I started having the starting problems, I am wondering if the K134 module is grounded or if it is suppose to be grounded. Can anyone help me out? thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

marko69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Sport, 1990 Porsche 944 S2 cab

Re: Anyone know if K134 Multifunction Module is grounded or suppose to be?

Relays are not grounded. Ground paths are connected thru the relay contacts, but the relay itself is not grounded.
    When you park your car for the night, check your battery voltage with a voltmeter with the engine off. Check it again in the morning before you start it and see what ya get. Sounds like your battery is being drained.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.