Remove Power Steering Pump?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Remove Power Steering Pump? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; OK, I've pulled the battery & removed the upper radiator hose & I still can't see how that thing is ...
    normalicy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

Remove Power Steering Pump?

OK, I've pulled the battery & removed the upper radiator hose & I still can't see how that thing is going to come out between the battery tray (which appear permanent) & all the A/C plumbing. While I'm at it, I was hoping to swap in a new A/C compressor as well, but I've gotta say that I've never been so stumped on how to get a part out of a vehicle before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Remove Power Steering Pump?

Never mind, I got it. I had to pull the pulley off, but it was locked on there tight even with the screws removed. Had to bang on it with an extension for a while & it finally popped off. Boy did the reservoir draining out make a mess (and I siphoned as much as I could out).

IvoryWhiteCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by normalicy View Post
    OK, I've pulled the battery & removed the upper radiator hose & I still can't see how that thing is going to come out between the battery tray (which appear permanent) & all the A/C plumbing. While I'm at it, I was hoping to swap in a new A/C compressor as well, but I've gotta say that I've never been so stumped on how to get a part out of a vehicle before.
    For the AC compressor, I recommend taking out the intake piping (the plastic ones) and remove it from the top. To remove the hoses from the AC comp, you need like 10 extensions.

Thanks for the advice. I actually just finished that last night. If only removing high-low block on the compressor was as easy as the rest. I ended up getting it out from underneath just barely. Otherwise, yeah, there's a ton of piping to remove to get it out through the top. The bear was getting the new one mounted back in. Had to have a friend tighten the bolt on the high-low block while I held it in place from underneath.

jupiter57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '97 DeVille, '98 DeVille, '97 Catera

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryWhiteCatera View Post
    For the AC compressor, I recommend taking out the intake piping (the plastic ones) and remove it from the top. To remove the hoses from the AC comp, you need like 10 extensions.
    I found a tip here wherein if you loosen the driver side motor mount & jack up that side of the engine, it will make removing that one bolt on top of the compressor, to the line, MUCH easier.
    I did just that, loosened the nut almost all the way, then the engine will only raise about an inch, but that inch makes all the difference topside when removing that bolt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.