Urgent!!! Need help finding valve covers!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Urgent!!! Need help finding valve covers!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I can't seem to find any valve covers for my 1998 Catera! I'm kinda strapped for cash and does anybody ...
    IvoryWhiteCatera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera (SOLD)

Urgent!!! Need help finding valve covers!!!

I can't seem to find any valve covers for my 1998 Catera! I'm kinda strapped for cash and does anybody have any idea where to find them for cheap? There doesn't seem to be any Cateras or Saabs being parted out in my area. The closest one is 2 hours away. My original plastic ones are cracked, and I'd rather not buy another plastic one. If not, I'll have to resort to buying Saab valve covers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320971971602...S:1123&vxp=mtr

The seller said he'll give them to me for $100 plus shipping.

This is the only thing I need to do to have my Catera back on the road, so I need answers right away, please.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Urgent!!! Need help finding valve covers!!!

Umm, I just found out that the Catera and Saab have different part numbers for the gaskets. Catera uses Fel-Pro VS50566 and the Saab uses Fel-Pro VS50567.

Saab 9-5 3.0
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-03-SATURN...0339b0&vxp=mtr

Catera
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-piece-...ht_1293wt_1271

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I Can sell the valve covers with gaskets for $144.25 each

were you looking for just the gaskets? your first post says covers...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

UPDATE:
    The only difference is the gaskets to the Saab come in two pieces and the Catera comes in four pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    I Can sell the valve covers with gaskets for $144.25 each

were you looking for just the gaskets? your first post says covers...
    I'm looking for the covers. Thanks, though. I'm trying to avoid our original plastic ones. I'm actually buying some Saab ones. I've been doing comparisons, and they are identical. The only differences are the Saab one is metal, the oil filler is in the back, and the spark plug wire holes are bigger. I'm ordering Saab gaskets to go with it because the pattern is identical to the Cateras. The Saab gasket is one piece per valve cover, instead of four like the Cateras. I've been examining the patterns of both gaskets, and they are identical.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i am also a saab dealer ... if you have the part numbers I can get you a price quote
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I know this post is from last yer. I wanted to know where you able to swap the plastic valve covers to the Saab metal ones? Also what did you do with the plug boot holes since they have a larger opening?

Also would like to know what make/model metal covers work good for the 98 Catera.

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.