Yet another oil leak and window regulator question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Yet another oil leak and window regulator question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The window question is rather simple, anybody have a window regulator (full assy) compatible for a '99 rear/driver they're willing ...
    PrimeTimeElite is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera 1999

Question Yet another oil leak and window regulator question

The window question is rather simple, anybody have a window regulator (full assy) compatible for a '99 rear/driver they're willing to sell?

Oil - I've replaced my valve covers twice (believe the Opel forum guy when he says get the OEM gaskets - or you WILL do it twice) but I still have a leak. It's further down and causes a decent smoke out (particularly on the drivers side) when it hits the exhaust. Any thoughts? Better, anybody have any luck with leak detection kits DIY?

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

01Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera
    Don't waste your time with those warped plastic cam covers, get a junkyard Saturn metal set and be done with it. you have to buy two rear ones without the oil fill neck and put oil in it with a dipstick funnel. Only takes 20 seconds per quart and no more leaky valve covers.
    Second best thing i ever did for the car, the first was bypassing the oil / water heat exchanger so it can never fail. U can do that from below, right above the oil filter canister and never have to open the top of the engine.

PrimeTimeElite is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera 1999

Re: Yet another oil leak and window regulator question

Interesting concept, but at the moment the valve covers aren't part of the issue (at least for now). I may have to try your solution if they do creep back up again.
    Any other thoughts on the leak I do have?

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Is it coming from the oil cooler?

hemic05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS 1SG 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

I would check the oil cooler or the oil cooler lines

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.