Leveling - I surrender... help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Leveling - I surrender... help in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 97 Catera... Ok, I had the 'leveling' light blink for the last 4 months. I have done the following: 1) ...
    JBCadi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

Leveling - I surrender... help

97 Catera...

Ok, I had the 'leveling' light blink for the last 4 months. I have done the following:

1) replaced rear shocks with the Monroe MA 825 air shocks and tied them into the air lines. Did not help
    2) took the air pump down (located near passenger fog light. The air lines were totally rotted. A line went to a 'T' up into the passenger headlight area and was not connected to anything - never found out what that was for. Replaced air line. Did not help.
    3) Adjusted the sensor tab as shown in previous posting so switch thinks level is fine. Did not help. (I think I slid the tab up higher from the hole)

So, I have a replacement vehicle (05 Montego) and will be selling the Catera. What is the best way to disable the auto leveling system or at least disable the light from blinking? Please be specific with pics if possible. I appreciate it.

I too have really enjoyed this car for the past year. Great riding car on the highway, just that darn blinking light.

Oh, both front and rear fender height is the same, so that part is good...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Leveling - I surrender... help

Take the bulb out. My CEL bulb stayed on for so long and for so many times, it just burned out. Had to trick the car into passing inspection.

I don't know if I want to risk pulling the dash out, the plastic tabs will probably break. Isn't there a plug by the leveling switch that can be jumped?

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

i disconnected leveling sensor and thats it never got light back !

hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): catera

you should have an arm on the rear axel area if you unclip it and tilt the arm up then fasten it in that position it will stop the lights.

as a side not, I bypassed the factory system and dud a manual inflate valve step next to the licinse plate and put it at the height I wanted. NEVER had light again except when I Loaded up the car, then you just put a shot of air in it to lift it up!

Problem permenently solved!

Ok, I fixed it. The service manual said the P302 plug was under the rear passenger seat. I removed the cushion but only saw 8 wires go through the grommet to the underside. I think on the 1998, they moved the plug inside the car. I found the plug on the crossmember near the leveling switch. It is pin 'G' which is a light purple color. I traced the wire back into the car (under the passenger rear seat) and cut it. Turned the key to 'on' - no Leveling light - yeah!. I soldered a 4.7k ohm resister in series with the cut. I wanted to allow a path to ground for the computer but add a current limiter so the stupid light stays off. I had previously adjusted the linkage arms up and down, but still got the light. I think my switch was bad. No matter what I did, the light came on. Now, no light, the pump still works (when you first turn the key on, the pump runs for a couple minutes to boost up the lines from any bleed while the car was off). Anyway, everything is still connected and all is well....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.