best car ever;)....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, best car ever;).... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; so i got a great deal a bit ago on my 97 catera. ive done the normal required maintenance and ...
    reenthepeen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 catera

Exclamation best car ever;)....

so i got a great deal a bit ago on my 97 catera. ive done the normal required maintenance and its been good to us , aside from the "normal" electrical issues that im debugging.

the one thing im stuck on without tearing the whole dash appart is why my ac control is dead.i mean dead. no light,no air or anything.now that its summer in socal im in dire need or some air. can anyone help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: best car ever;)....

and bye the way.... which is the malfunction module i read about? where is it located exactly.

retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

to remove the climate control you have to remove the flat covers (buttons), don't remember exactly which ones. There should be screws behind it.

Here is some info I found in this forum

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-2001-a-2.html

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Check fuse #14 for the A/C control.

By the malfunction module, do you mean the connector where you hook up a scanner? It is under the steering wheel.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

"Best car ever". Obviously you haven't owned many cars!

the best car remark was sarcasm,dont be DICK. BY Malfunction module i misspelled and i meant ,multifunction module,i know its location under the hood. but which relay in the bunch is it?

The multifunction module is under the steering wheel area, left side (gray color box).

got it. now i cant find the part except the dealer and it has to come out of state. why doesnt oreily carry it. ...

all my fuses are good and the whole display on the unit is daead.i just dissasembled the unit completely and found no signs of anything wrong.is the unit bad/fried? i dont rreally see and bulbs that would be dead. i cant get any air to blow or anything. the control buttons are seperate of the display unit.....is there a relay that i dont know see

Have you tried resoldering the contacts on the circuit board? For some people it has worked by opening the grey box and resoldering it. If not I have couple used ones for sale.

Thanks.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by reenthepeen View Post
    the best car remark was sarcasm,dont be DICK. BY Malfunction module i misspelled and i meant ,multifunction module,i know its location under the hood. but which relay in the bunch is it?
    Sarcasm isn't allowed and no bad mouthing the Craptera, er, I mean Catera either!

Now the above is sarcastic!

hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): catera

Does the problem every get solved? I have an old dash control that I bought to used the light bulbs out of it.

If your unit in dash is the issue, You can have mine.. IDK if it works.. It was out of a damaged car.. and like I said, I snagged the bulbs.

Id be happy to send you the unit if u will pay for shipping on it.. email me zaynezx6r at yahoo if you want to connect as I dont get on here often.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.