Interior
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Interior in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Interior of 2000 Catera Sport Some plastic parts, around doors, on dash board, emergency brake arm..... Covered with thin layer ...
    JohnJJO is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

Interior

Interior of 2000 Catera Sport
    Some plastic parts, around doors, on dash board, emergency brake arm.....
    Covered with thin layer of rubber, so after 12 years now that rubber easy scratching off with finger nail. And now it's look very NASTY. But you can make look batter if u scratch off that rubber with you nail all away to plastic. I did on same part look way batter!!! . The problem is!!. It's taking hours to do.
    Would u think i can use some kind of liquid to wipe it off with out damaging plastic it self. Something like lacquer thickener or acetone.

on picture 3 u will see a side of "arm rest" how i scratch off little bit (came out so easy) and it's like that all around
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RPerry435 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

Re: Interior

I did this a long time ago. the black "resin" can be removed with some elbow grease. I removed all of it with some Meguiers Quick Detailer (to keep the towel wet) and I used Microfiber cloths, worked great. heres what yours could look like lol.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Interior

Acetone may melt the plastic. I get a piece from a junk yard and try different solvents and see what happens. I too had the gross problem. Never found an easy fix.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.