Radio spontaneously won't turn on?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Radio spontaneously won't turn on? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Sometimes when I go to start my car, the radio won't turn on. Then somewhere down the road it decides ...
    BossLady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L 5 spd Manual-Black Beauty

Exclamation Radio spontaneously won't turn on?

Sometimes when I go to start my car, the radio won't turn on. Then somewhere down the road it decides to turn on. I don't go over any bumps when it decides to turn on. Checked the fuse and it is good. It's been doing this more often, and it's just the radio/digital display where the clock is. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ThatCoolDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera Sport

Re: Radio spontaneously won't turn on?

Does the radio turn on after your turn your car off (before you open your door)? Is the clock still lit? Have you checked all your fuses? I know it sound redundant but the catera likes to have all of its fuses perfect otherwise it'll give you problems. Also when this happens do your trunk and fuel door buttons still work. I used to have a similar problem I fixed my K134 multifunction relay and everything works fine now. I'm not saying for sure its your k134 multi relay, but it is known to give you radio problems. Try this out and if nothing works let us know.

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hell my sunroof would open and close on it's own, anytime that it wanted too.

BossLady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L 5 spd Manual-Black Beauty

My sunroof does that as well, lol

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
    My sunroof does that as well, lol
    That was one of the final tipping points for me to get rid of the car. Rain, snow, sunny days, just did what it want to!

Lizzys Cat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera!

If you are having the radio issue where it won't power on in position 2 and only key position 1 upon shutdown, check fuse #10 for the aux water pump. This was our issue and not the K134 MF relay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.