Catera heater control valve
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Catera heater control valve in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can someone please post where to get that heater control bypass valve...
    hemic05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS 1SG 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Can someone please post where to get that heater control bypass valve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

investor74 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: Catera heater control valve

Not those the generic one withoput the vacum port someone had a picture of it on this website and where to get it

kaustein is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by hemic05 View Post
    Not those the generic one withoput the vacum port someone had a picture of it on this website and where to get it
    Just go to the dealer to make sure you get the right part.

Mine cost me <$150 part and install Stopped the quart a day leak

elvin315 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport

Rockauto.com

I lost all heat replaced the control valve to stop a leak i wonder if the secondary water pump can be a problem it seems i dont have any circulation to the heater core

PrimeTimeElite is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera 1999

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm...-90566947.html
    $66, a lot better than some online places and the dealer. I've used this place before, it's all genuine GM/ACDelco stuff.

catera00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera Sport

Do what I did and bypass it all together. I changed mine 3 times and finally just replaced it with a T connector and havent had a problem since. So for $5 my heater bypass problem is permanently resolved. I did it back in may so for 7 months its been working fine.

From my post about it:

>>>
    I just plugged the vacuum line. So far its working fine. No leaks and the temp is staying cool. The car heated up operating temp as fast as it normally does. So for $5 its a quick cheap fix. Took me about 30 min from start to finish and most of that time is spent removing/installing the intake and what not. The heater works as well.

<<<

catera00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hemic05 View Post
    I lost all heat replaced the control valve to stop a leak i wonder if the secondary water pump can be a problem it seems i dont have any circulation to the heater core
    mine did the exact same thing and a coolant flush fixed it. I actually had it in the dealership to replace the heater core and they tried a flush first to save me some $$. Thank goodness cause it saved me about $1200. If the car isnt overheating and the only problem is no heat, I highly recommend a coolant flush. Any mechanic can do it and its cheap. Something is probably just clogged somewhere in the system.

I made a video of how to test the Aux. Water pump. This was the one on the passenger side of the car. I just un-bolted it and removed the hoses.

On the heater control valve does the lower heater core hose go to the top or bottom of the heater control valve???

Tdalelewis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

Quote Originally Posted by catera00 View Post
    Do what I did and bypass it all together. I changed mine 3 times and finally just replaced it with a T connector and havent had a problem since. So for $5 my heater bypass problem is permanently resolved. I did it back in may so for 7 months its been working fine.

From my post about it:

>>>
    I just plugged the vacuum line. So far its working fine. No leaks and the temp is staying cool. The car heated up operating temp as fast as it normally does. So for $5 its a quick cheap fix. Took me about 30 min from start to finish and most of that time is spent removing/installing the intake and what not. The heater works as well.

<<<
    I just did this today and it worked. 5 dollar fix. Took my check engine light away and everything!!

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i replace twice already got from junk yard. third time i went to ebay got new for like $20 and work for me 2 weeks. i will try that t connector and see how its work.
    but guys there is some kind a problem that this valve cant hold either hot or pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnJJO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

ok does any body know what heater control valve for.
    heater control valve - bypassing coolant for circulation in cooling system until its open. when valve open, hot coolant travels trough heat radiator that locate inside cabin (its used to heat cabin when u on heating mode, usually in winter) that valve controlled by air suction to open and close (it's that air hose u see on the top of the valve) u can plug one of the hose that going to radiator and just use line connector "---" extend of " T " connector but u will lose heat ability in winter when u will try to heat your car in cold days, when " T " connector in use coolant will constantly travel through heat radiator, with out fans turn "on" in while you will damage radiator and coolant will start leak in cabin, also when that " T " connector installed cold air (when u use A/C) will travel trough heat radiator that HOT!!! and cold air will gonna be cold enough!!!!!!. when your A/C or heat or just fan mode "off" u will feel hot air coming from A/C vents !!!!!!
    so ask your self do u really need that T connector!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.