Re: ?'s
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, Re: ?'s in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It's nice to see you into tuning. Well as for Tornado and spare tire you asked. I drove my car ...
    Ls1 Catera project is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question Re: ?'s

It's nice to see you into tuning.

Well as for Tornado and spare tire you asked. I drove my car to As Seen On Tv store and fit 3 different tornado kits into my Ice Man Cold Air. Only one fit. It was easy. Tornados are preaty much universal and provide greater gas milage at first instalation and with having more mods they can make some difference. As for price of $80 goes I would never buy one if I had some different car but for Catera their are not many mods so I thought I would do everything I could do + improvment for gas milage is very positive and pays off whole tornado quickly on saving gas. As speeking for stock spare tire I weight it out it was around 50pounds. If I had good run flat performance tires and rims set up I would definatly just end up taking it out and puting it back in on long trips. Getting a lighter spare is very good advantage not only as performance goes but also because you never know when you gona have a flat. It been done on other cars I see why not on Catera you just got to make sure it's same bolt patern. I have not really looked into it yet becuse I got whole lot more to face. Saving go very slow and money spending on mods goes fast. And I surely would need those saving doing engine swap eventially once it hits around 100.ooo miles and new CTS V comes out. Also remember with doing all those mods and geting more HP thing is your stock transmision can only handle so much HP before it fails so trany must be upgraded too. Good thing to do with stock trany to make sure it last is getting fresh Castrol GTS performance oil, filter and new gaskets which was one of first things I done myself in auto shop with my car once I got it during finishing hight school senior year. Every 60.ooo miles its recomended thing to do. Their are ways of getting trany modefied and having around 300hp with out supercharger, nos or turbo's. As for those Ebay mods that give 10+ or 20hp I am not so sure about them and have not done yet. Are they safe? Sure sound like cheap efective way to get some power. Would ant geting highter timing and more fuel is going to wear your engine quicker? I think I am going to stay on safe side not geting that mod and geting that Hp some way's else. Dont want further diognostical problems. Might save more money and get custom performance chip in long run. Well I hope you all have god luck with all your Cateras and keep post sharing in this post.

Thank's

Catera Ls1 Project.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

This reads like a split thread. If it is, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I talk about splitting threads. What the hell is this thread from? It makes you feel like you're walking into the middle of a conversation. Very confusing.

IceMan3928 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

its from the thread "short on point". Interesting thread, hopefully a mod will merge them back together.

Wink Re: ?'s

~ Thank's Ice ~

My bad I messed up. Posted into different reaply. Well, righ on Ice for clearing things out the way. As I keep you all posted.....

Ls1 Catera project

Hot rod would you join this post with short on point together please some one told me you are the guy to ask.

thanks.

Ls1 Catera Project

blackcat2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    LS1 thanks for the reply (even if it is in the wrong thread). I'll check out that as seen on TV thing. As for the mods, it works, driven 3000 miles, no diagnostic problems...between the remus exhaust, open air intake, and the mods it sounds throatier and hauls, I noticed a huge difference in power. OK, no supercharger, so where would I get that turbocharger?

~Thanks for reaply~

Let get back short point tred because Hot Rod Moderator should lock this one and trasfer this one into short on point one. Well, I am still confused on the Ebay mod even doe that extra Hp would be nice but then again your trany would be in more stress with that mod. Good luck doe with you tornado air managment system. I promice big gas savings.

Ls1 Catera project

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.