K134 Multifunction Relay
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, K134 Multifunction Relay in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; When i first bought the 01 Catera feb 26 2011 fog lights didn't work period and radio trunk and fuel ...
    01caddycatera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Catera

K134 Multifunction Relay

When i first bought the 01 Catera feb 26 2011 fog lights didn't work period and radio trunk and fuel door turn off sometimes on there own i did some research found out some things about the k134 found a cold solder joint which turned out to be the fog light fix but the radio fuel door and trunk still shutting off happened today so i pulled the k134 out for a second look and noticed some discoloration on one of the transformers the one farthest to left on the circuit board it is a mostly a red and pinkish color supposed to be orange like the rest of them i think this is from heat but I'm not sure so i ordered a new k134 from gmpartsdirect.com part #90494163 waiting for it to come when it does I'm gunna install it hopefully it fixes my radio fuel door and trunk issue if not does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bandedavis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: K134 Multifunction Relay

Where is that multifunction switch located?

Under the dash on the driver side take off the two panels under the steering wheel the one directly under and then the thin one over the pedals and its to the right if your laying on your back looking up its a grey fuse box about as big as a cigarette pack gmdirectparts.com #90494163 i just got mine today in the mail and installed it everything is working fine for now ill post if anything acts up again

TrayTray is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

how much was it??

65.21 total with shipping after installing it I've yet to have another problem with the radio trunk or fuel door so i think this is the correct fix

hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): catera

please post the link where you bought it so that other owners can get if they need it.

I already replaced mine. thanks.

ThatCoolDude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera Sport

Does anyone know if this controls tachometer and speedometer?

wyse18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 catera base model

hey everyone hows it goin i am having some of the same problems on my 00 catera, the fog lights, dash lights, trunk, fuel door all work very well but my radio shuts off and dosnt turn back on for like 10 minutes at a time and its really startin to piss me off. i have a new k 134 switch but i have yet to identify where the old one is located under the dash to right. after taking off the leather panel and the panel that covers the pedals guts i still cant find a grey box the size of a cig pack. i have however felt around a bit and found a black box up inside there a bit. if anyone has pictures that would make everyones day a lot easier and probably the people who are trying to help to because then there wouldnt be need for so many words lol. thanks a lot for any help that is given because this radio issue is really getting on my nerves.

marko69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Sport, 1990 Porsche 944 S2 cab

I got a service manual on ebay, maybe this will help.

k134.jpg

(1) Relay Box
    (2) Park Lamp Relay K130
    (3) Low Beam Relay K131
    (4) Not Used
    (5) Not Used
    (6) LH Hi Beam Headlamp Relay K73
    (7) Turn Signal Lamp Flasher K10
    (8) Horn Relay K63
    (9) Passenger Seat Heater Relay K56
    (10) Driver Seat Heater Relay K55
    (11) Power Steering Control Module
    (12) Multifunction Relay K134
    (13) RH Hi Beam Headlamp Relay K132
    (14) Heated Outside Rear View Mirror and Rear Window Defogger Relay K35
    (15) Daytime Running Lamps Relay K133
    (16) Rear Suspension Leveling Air Compressor Relay K19
    LindaC, LindaC and firstcaddygirl like this.

hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): catera

I am going to disagree with the service manual photo... the k134 is not the size of a cig pack, its half the size... and its located sorta behind the headligh switch from under the dash... you have to have a flash light to see it... I have changed mine!... thats prolly the radio problem

the k134 has a slot on the back and it slides on and off... then the box is opened after you side off and open it up.
    put the back of your head on the brake peddel and look behind the headlight swith area under the dash.

and to ""thatcooldude" it sounds like the speed sensor from the rear right wheel possibly.. I have heard of them going causeing the speedomoter to quit... at least I hope thats what it is.. otherwise it the ecm...

bandedavis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thankyou 01caddycatera. Got changed and everything works good again.

andy427 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera

Checked the k134 module which I bought 6 months ago because radio would cut out and truck wouldn't open. Now the fog lights won't work the green light on the dash won't light up and all soldered points are good on the module so confused.

dmj3812 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How did you fix fog lights mine has same problem

tyjo2112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Catera, 2003 SLS

THANK YOU ! You rock.

pwhansen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera

Hi, I am having trouble with my fuel door, locks, and trunk opening causing the battery to die. I removed the fuse for the locks and the car doesn't die anymore, but I can't lock my car. Are all of these caused by the k134? For the longest time I have thought it was a short in a wire somewhere but this sounds like an easier fix than hunting for the short. I have a 1999 Catera. If this might be the problem, where is this piece located on this model?

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.