water soaking up through passenger side carpets front&back
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, water soaking up through passenger side carpets front&back in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; recently there has been water soaking up through the bottom of my passenger side front and back carpets. iv heard ...
    wyse18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 catera base model

water soaking up through passenger side carpets front&back

recently there has been water soaking up through the bottom of my passenger side front and back carpets. iv heard that it is probably a drainage issue seeing as it only started to happen about 3 weeks ago and all the leaves and debris from fall in atlantic canada brings about a lot of crud that could be my the root of my problem. iv heard that clearing the drain from the cabin filter is the solution but im not sure where to find the cabin filter. this might also be the reason why some of my electronic systems may be malfunctioning including the check engine light which has turned on and then off again a few times, turning on after a wet one and then turning off after a few days of dry weather. if anyone could aid me in my struggle that would be much appreciated from a fellow catera owner. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AL Cool Dates is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Catera Sport

Re: water soaking up through passenger side carpets front&back

Its your cabin filter drain, its clogged and once the cabin filter fills with water the rest drains into the cabin passenger side. Open your hood and on the passenger side near the windshield right there under the passenger wiper blade is the cabin filter. You are going to see what looks like a vent, thats the compartment, take the vent off and you have access to it. The drain is at the bottom of the compartment, I'm not sure how to unclog it though, my mechanic did it for me.

Here is a pic, top left above the strut, that leaf is right on top of it.

waco-brian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 98 & 99

that look like a 97-98 engine

AL Cool Dates is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by waco-brian View Post
    that look like a 97-98 engine
    Got the pic from car domain, I didn't really look at the year but you may be right. The cabin filter should be located in the same area as all models right?

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Quote Originally Posted by AL Cool Dates View Post
    Got the pic from car domain, I didn't really look at the year but you may be right. The cabin filter should be located in the same area as all models right?
    It is a 97-98. The cabin filter is the same on all years. There are drains on each side, the driver's is clearly visible when you pop the hood. The passengers side causes the most problems, but both should be cleaned.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

If you can't completely clear the drain hole at the bottom of the filter compartment working from the top, here is the best tip I ever got on this forum:

Turn your front wheels to the left and look into the right wheel well. There will be a plug at the top of the wheel well. Open this plug and you will see water and crud gush out.

Barry.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.