timming tensioner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, timming tensioner in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; just wandering im getting ready to install a used motor in my catera things only or sopose to have 30,000 ...
    chevy-man77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

timming tensioner

just wandering im getting ready to install a used motor in my catera things only or sopose to have 30,000 on it but i have heard the timming belt tensioners are only good for around 40,000 and i heard about the oil coolers should i be worried about it also? just wandering i love my gm parts but funds are low right now im thinking about buying a set of gates pullies off ebay around 175.00 has anyone used thease or have any info for one to use

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AHazzardToAll is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Catera Sport

Re: timming tensioner

Quote Originally Posted by chevy-man77 View Post
    just wandering im getting ready to install a used motor in my catera things only or sopose to have 30,000 on it but i have heard the timming belt tensioners are only good for around 40,000 and i heard about the oil coolers should i be worried about it also? just wandering i love my gm parts but funds are low right now im thinking about buying a set of gates pullies off ebay around 175.00 has anyone used thease or have any info for one to use
    Might want to look into an external aftermarket oil cooler. Should be an easy conversion with the motor out, might save a few pennys as well.

hgqguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): catera

Re: timming tensioner

I just had my timingbelt and tentioners done in my 2000 catera. It was a gates kit TCK285A is the number that was on the box. My kit was $309 from the shop, I let them order what they wanted use. the pullies came attached to the back piece.. so made chaging it very simple. Plus the belt had marking so that th timing was spot on.

I would consder that you are getting a motor that is now at least 10 yrs old.. and time breaks down the belts.. I think it is worth your while to swap it all out. My belt was cracked very badly, I had 128K.
    While you are at it y may wish to change water pump also.. BTW I have a new water pump, GM with the o ring.. I bought it prior, but had to let them get a new one for warrante resons.
    If you were interested Ill sellthe one I have (new ac delco) for $25 plus shipping. The one they put on my car was $80.
    Use my id @yahoo.com for contact if u like. I can take a picture of what they removed from my car to show you what is included with the timing kit I supplied the # For.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.