Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Two '00 Catera Sport Engine Codes

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AL Cool Dates 
#1 ·
Hey guys, a few days back my Engine Light came on along with my Transmission light while I was driving. I took it to Autozone and they gave me these two codes:

P1870:
Transmission Component Slipping.
Transmission is in 4th Gear with TCC engaged and ECM has detected excessive slippage when comparing the input shaft speed to the output shaft speed.

P1700:
ECM recieved signal from the TCM that an related trouble code was stored in the TCM.

So I ran these codes by my mechanic and suggested a transmission flush and to replace the filter, it all came up to be cheap so I gave him the go ahead. The acceleration improved a bit and the car seems a bit quicker also, but a day after I did the flush BOOM! Flashing S light again. Its been nearly ten days after that and it happened again :banghead: (funny thing is the light always comes on during the same incline I drive through on the highway and its no where near steep). So guys, where the hell do I start when it comes to fixing this? One thing I did notice is sometimes feel a thump from the back of the car like something is just catching when it shifts so I was thinking I should check the rear differential also. Ideas!?

See less See more
#3 ·
my rear dif. has a slight leak. over a year it was 1/2 qt low. I really have no clue, but its obvious that the incline is producing the problem. if there are lose spider gears in the rear thus a shift within the tranny that could misalign something causeing the code.. I really dont know. I have a reputable tranny guy i would take mine to.. a diag. would be fairly cheep... I think .. man whats that nationwide tranny place?? they offer free diog. Dang I cant think of it.. I think it starts with an M.. but cant recall..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.