01 Catera getting P0300 code - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, 01 Catera getting P0300 code in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The ECM I may need replacement is for the 2001 Catera. My 98 Catera is fine only have valve cover ...
    retho78 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 01 Catera getting P0300 code

The ECM I may need replacement is for the 2001 Catera. My 98 Catera is fine only have valve cover leaks.

So the price you pm'd might be right for 2001, not sure just let me know.

----------

Also, let me know the ECM part number for the 2001 Catera....thanks.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Did you send me the VIN for the 2001?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

No, the VIN # I send was for the 98 (for the valve covers).

I do not have the VIN # for the 2001 at the moment, since it's my in-laws car. I can probably get it by tomorrow but just let me know how much a ECM cost, just an approximate figure is fine.

Thanks.

ah ok ... i got a bit confused ...

the '01 price i gave you via PM was probably correct
    (of course we'd like to make sure using the VIN before we send you off looking for ECMs)
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

okay, so the part # 90566574 is correct I guess. I think any 99-01 ECM/ECU will work after programming it to the car correct?

----------

oh, do you think the ECM may have a relay or fuse and gone bad...any ideas where it is located?

the fuse block cover has a legend that says what's what
    owners manuals often also have the same legend (in case the fuse block cover gets lost i guess)

'99-'01 do show that they're the same
    as for programming, whoever is doing the work will best be able to answer those related questions

the part number you mention (90566574) does not register as a good part number for me
    if you're getting that part number off of the module that would make sense but not really help much
    often the part number on the module does not match the parts catalog service part number(s)

you could use it to match other '99-'01 ecms ... but i think they're all the same unless you've got an export engine/vehicle

----------

and again, with a VIN we can take some of this guesswork out

okay, thanks. How about this part #9119539? Is that what you had previously?

Thanks.

that is the one that i think is the export

really we just need the vin

okay, thanks. I'll try to get it tomorrow.

----------

I just found this part online Cardone 77-9101 (remanufactured ECM) for the 2001 Catera. Any clue if this is the right one or any good?

no clue... never heard of an aftermarket ecm being remanufactured... i guess it's possible, and i'd be interested if it worked

Me either until I saw it on different websites and selling for around $230 and up.

Another update, car is still running a little rough and I think it's the throttle body and going bad. I did some cleaning of throttle body and after that it's running a little better but still RPM varies a lot. I turned off the CEL but it came back on again today and it's showing O2 sensors, bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2 and no misfires. I ran a live data mode test with my code reader and it's reading the data for the O2s so not sure why the CEL comes on with O2 codes again and again.

Could a bad throttle body cause the O2s to act up? Any ideas?

Thanks.

i just sell the parts, to tell you the truth....

it sounds like you could really use a FSM (factory service manual) ... they can get a bit expensive if you buy them new but they basically pay for themselves after using them once or twice

I do have a used one and will look into it ....hopefully find more info on the O2 issues.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.