MILCAT"S Catera
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, MILCAT"S Catera in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Picked up the Catera last Thursday night. Having a cute little sales girl didn't hurt either. Anyway, I noticed a ...
    MILCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

MILCAT"S Catera

Picked up the Catera last Thursday night. Having a cute little sales girl didn't hurt either. Anyway, I noticed a slight grinding noise in the front left wheel. I had the dealer check the brakes Friday and they tell me there is no problem. Yeah, right. The car has drilled and slotted rotors and I think that's what it is. I notice the noise when I hard brake at slower speeds. The car doesn't pull. It brakes fine. The noise or I should say sensation just irks me. I'll have to look into doing something with it. Saturday and Sunday, I traveled down to Illinois and Indiana. The car ran like a champ. Today, I restored the headlights. I used the 3M kit and am happy with the results. I must have taken 9 years off them. I might go back over them and take off the other two years. They looked a lot worse than the picture shows.
    BEFORE

AFTER

After that, I recharged the K&N that was in it. Then I replaced the two front side marker bulbs and one of the fog light bulbs. The fog lenses are gonna need restoring too but that's gonna be a real project. I'll have to take them out. Maybe next summer.

I finished up the day sliming the interior with Armorall and Meguiar's Leather Treatment. It looks a lot better but somebody, over the years scratched the heck out of the inside of the back doors. (Kids?)

BTW, does anybody know how to fix a cup holder that keeps springing out on it's own. It's driving me crazy!

I post some interior shots tomorrow. Take Care, Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Re: MILCAT"S Catera

Nice work bud...

BTW i have a prepped set of GTO front brakes if you want them let me know perhaps shoot me a PM...
    They are painted red wtih silver calipers loaded with Corvette brake pads... and I also have the rears painted too!

Otherwise nice car!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.