MILCAT"S Catera
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, MILCAT"S Catera in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Picked up the Catera last Thursday night. Having a cute little sales girl didn't hurt either. Anyway, I noticed a ...
    MILCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Catera

MILCAT"S Catera

Picked up the Catera last Thursday night. Having a cute little sales girl didn't hurt either. Anyway, I noticed a slight grinding noise in the front left wheel. I had the dealer check the brakes Friday and they tell me there is no problem. Yeah, right. The car has drilled and slotted rotors and I think that's what it is. I notice the noise when I hard brake at slower speeds. The car doesn't pull. It brakes fine. The noise or I should say sensation just irks me. I'll have to look into doing something with it. Saturday and Sunday, I traveled down to Illinois and Indiana. The car ran like a champ. Today, I restored the headlights. I used the 3M kit and am happy with the results. I must have taken 9 years off them. I might go back over them and take off the other two years. They looked a lot worse than the picture shows.
    BEFORE

AFTER

After that, I recharged the K&N that was in it. Then I replaced the two front side marker bulbs and one of the fog light bulbs. The fog lenses are gonna need restoring too but that's gonna be a real project. I'll have to take them out. Maybe next summer.

I finished up the day sliming the interior with Armorall and Meguiar's Leather Treatment. It looks a lot better but somebody, over the years scratched the heck out of the inside of the back doors. (Kids?)

BTW, does anybody know how to fix a cup holder that keeps springing out on it's own. It's driving me crazy!

I post some interior shots tomorrow. Take Care, Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CateraMV6 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Opel Omega

Re: MILCAT"S Catera

Nice work bud...

BTW i have a prepped set of GTO front brakes if you want them let me know perhaps shoot me a PM...
    They are painted red wtih silver calipers loaded with Corvette brake pads... and I also have the rears painted too!

Otherwise nice car!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.