brake light harness question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Catera and Cimarron Forum Discussion, brake light harness question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I had an accident and my driver side brake light doesn't work most of the time..reason being the metal ...
    wassupman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

brake light harness question

Hi, I had an accident and my driver side brake light doesn't work most of the time..reason being the metal harness that holds the bulb in place was damaged. I tried using electrical tape to hold the bulb in place but it just won't work. My questions are:

1) What is the piece of equipment that holds the bulb called? It is black metal/plastic and has some wires coming out the back. I tried searching for "brake light wiring harness" but didn't see much so I'm guessing that isn't it.

2) Where can I get one? Is salvage yard my only option?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

USEDCAT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Catera 2001

Re: brake light harness question

Quote Originally Posted by wassupman View Post
    Hi, I had an accident and my driver side brake light doesn't work most of the time..reason being the metal harness that holds the bulb in place was damaged. I tried using electrical tape to hold the bulb in place but it just won't work. My questions are:

1) What is the piece of equipment that holds the bulb called? It is black metal/plastic and has some wires coming out the back. I tried searching for "brake light wiring harness" but didn't see much so I'm guessing that isn't it.

2) Where can I get one? Is salvage yard my only option?

Thanks.
    Try the following site as I put in Catera 2000 as a selection (an example) and it lists the parts and assemblies and cost,

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...02&grouptype=B

eBay is a good source and specially the eBay UK site and look for Vauxhall Omega parts.

Good luck.

wassupman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): catera

Thank you so much! That is very helpful!

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Funny, I had the same problem with my driver's side brake light and I was never in an accident. The problem is that when you insert the bulb and twist to lock, the two halves of the metal socket separate so they don't hold the bulb properly. Rather than try to hold the bulb in with electrical tape, I used the tape to reinforce the two halves of the socket so they stay together rather than separate due to the force of the bulb. So far, so good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.